1967 Starcraft Seafarer - 1986 Evinrude 40hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the days, boat mfgrs made the hp ratings higher on models that had steering wheels and lower hp ratings on tiller models... same boat, same hull..must have figured we couldn't hang on to a tiller with the same hp as a steering wheel!! Will say that todays tillers are much better than in yester years...

Very nice...but..where is your storage?
I plan to put a small deck from the front bench to the bow, but as of now I'm going to keep it wide open. Coming from the kayak world I find that it's easier just to put a couple bins with what I need in the boat. I'm a minimalist on the water lol

I plan to put a small deck from the front bench to the bow, but as of now I'm going to keep it wide open. Coming from the kayak world I find that it's easier just to put a couple bins with what I need in the boat. I'm a minimalist on the water lol
I hear ya...was the same way, but as the HP and speed increased, those bins and boxes didn't stay put!! Storage enclosures became a necessity....lol....

Back in the days, boat mfgrs made the hp ratings higher on models that had steering wheels and lower hp ratings on tiller models... same boat, same hull..must have figured we couldn't hang on to a tiller with the same hp as a steering wheel!! Will say that todays tillers are much better than in yester years...
It's because of balance. With the tiller in the back, the driver in the back, fuel, battery, etc, they get stern heavy fast. Pretty sure the ratings still work that way, but that's just a guess. It's been awhile since I looked at the USCG guidelines on HP ratings.

Is that your electrical wiring running down the hull, you may want to try encapsulating it with something, would suck to have a lure snag it as you or someone else is about to cast.

Latest posts