1970 flat bottom, 14 ft. jon boat modification

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gordonc777 said:
cant wait to see yours finished. thanks for the complment. i liked the way it turned out. it is done for now. i would like to add LED light strips and i am painting the motor now so it will look pretty good. let me know when you post pics i want to see them!
Will do. It will be a little while before I get the decking done. I did get a seat mounted and got her all legal yesterday. Now I'm free to take her out on the public waterways...lol Posted a pic of the seat but not much to report besides that.

@KED_ MAN I used Rustolium (i think that's how it is spelled.) I got it at WALMART. i put 2 or 3 coats on the bottom and 3 coats on the inside of the boat. worked out well.

@Henricogolfer It gets a little warm but nothing to bad. I decked mine so it would not be a problem for me. But the cool temp of the water should cool it as well. You can get bed liner in all different colors. so if black isn't your color or you want a different color you can get it in red, green, blue, grey, and white. also once it is dry wait a couple days and you can paint it. A buddy of mine did and it came out pretty good. if you paint it brush the rino lining on instead of using a roller or sprayer. it makes it easy and looks clean. If you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a line. hope that helps a little.

Well I added some cool stuff. I added a 16 foot LED waterproof light strip. It came out realy cool. if you look at where the black meets the grey at the top of the boat you will see the lights. i will take some pics at night so you can see it better and how bright they are. I got the lights on Amazon.com for 16.00 and they look great. they are held on by 3M sticky stuff and work perfect. they were very easy to install. It took me and a buddy less than 30 min to fix my depth finder, and install the light strip and hide the wires. Tomorrow night i am taking the boat out to fish all night. i will take pictures!
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

i also added the front seat.

It's been a couple of years now...how's the boat doing for you out on the water fishing? Again, great build! Any photos on the water?

Latest posts