1982 Lund S14-15 DLX

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legend89ca

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the group and new to boating.

I recently picked up a 1982 lund, with a yamaha 30 outboard. I'm pretty excited to get out and try it out.

This evening I just seen a youtube video of a 14' aluminum with a 30hp outboard, and the boats nose was consistently in the air at lower speeds and almost looked like it was close to taking on water in the back.. I'm just wondering if this is what I should be expecting? My decal says the max hp for this boat is 35, with a max 880lbs, so I'm under in that sense with the 30hp yamaha I have. I'm just hoping it handles well, especially since I'm just starting out.

Any tips, advice would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Attachments

• Snapchat-2049162673.jpg
    Snapchat-2049162673.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1
Get the weight balanced and the trim set right and you should be fine. As a tiller model they will always be a little stearn heavy so things like fuel tanks, batteries, tool boxes etc need to be mounted farther forward. Lots of things to consider when setting up your boat..

Hey guys, new to the group and new to boating.

I recently picked up a 1982 lund, with a yamaha 30 outboard. I'm pretty excited to get out and try it out.

This evening I just seen a youtube video of a 14' aluminum with a 30hp outboard, and the boats nose was consistently in the air at lower speeds and almost looked like it was close to taking on water in the back.. I'm just wondering if this is what I should be expecting? My decal says the max hp for this boat is 35, with a max 880lbs, so I'm under in that sense with the 30hp yamaha I have. I'm just hoping it handles well, especially since I'm just starting out.

Any tips, advice would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance. Cheers!
Nice boat there, Legend!

IMG_3495.jpg

Haha so I'm not the only one after all. How do you like the older lund? I'll be getting out next week once I get some days off. What size motor are you running?
Well...I haven't had it out yet. lol

I bought it last year from my neighbor and have been restoring the trailer. Trailer is almost done, so I should be able to get it out this year. I figured I would restore the trailer first, then tackle the boat itself over the coming winter.

Trailer so far...

IMG_4477.jpgIMG_4480.jpg705440578.jpg

Painted it with Rustoleum 7000 pro cold-galvanizing paint. Holy moly was it expensive ($70/qt), but it works well. Got new wheels and tires and restored or purchased all new hardware for it. Had to add 4' of trailer cuz the boat hung way too far off the back (as you can see in my pic above). Painted the axle too.

Running a 55# trolling motor for now (it came with the boat). Going to buy a lithium battery and run them for a few years till I figure out what Reba wants (my Girlfriend named the boat Reba cuz she's red and we like country music lol)

Last edited:
Well just an update on the old lund. The first ride, I didn't have the tilt adjusted properly so she handled like crap. Today, the trim was set correctly and she handled awesome, the lake eventually became abit choppy and still performed well. Cheers!
Great to hear. That 30 should push it great.

In that size boat, you may want to try a tiller handle extension. One like this:
https://www.amazon.com/MGA503A1-Telescoping-Tiller-Extension-Hand-Operated/dp/B001GXCJUO
This allows you to sit a bit forward, and helps balance things out even more.

Either way, congrats on the new to you boat!

a youtube video of a 14' aluminum with a 30hp outboard, and the boats nose was consistently in the air at lower speeds and almost looked like it was close to taking on water in the back.. I'm just wondering if this is what I should be expecting?
Trust me ... you need a foil for best performance! But I've only owed 3-4 Lunds that size through the years ...

See more here: Lund 14' ssv : hydrofoil?

Latest posts