1982 Tracker Tournament TX

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Givey1982

Reaction score
I am looking to pick up another boat as I had to sell mine prior to moving. I found a 1982 Tournament TX second owner always covered (looks like it) everything works

Here is the description
1982 tracker 17’ semi V. Always garage kept, floors in good shape, seats have no rips, live wells lights and everything works as it should. Custom tilt trailer. New tires. 50hp mercury, remote control trolling motor. No leaks, runs well carbs rebuilt last season, water pump replaced last season. Power tilt/trim motor works but very slow. Dual fish finders. Breaker to switch between batteries. 2 batteries, we’re replaced last season. Lake ready.

Asking $4k.
This is in the mid US. Does that sound reasonable? I am thinking it may be high still.

Yeah, I'd say it's a touch high but not terrible. I think $3500 is a fairer price.

Those Mercs are pretty solid motors but it has the external power trim setup with the pump/motor in the bilge it's getting tough to get any parts for the pump itself.

Yeah, I'd say it's a touch high but not terrible. I think $3500 is a fairer price.

Those Mercs are pretty solid motors but it has the external power trim setup with the pump/motor in the bilge it's getting tough to get any parts for the pump itself.
If that trim goes out and an aftermarket one be added? I am unfamiliar with tilt/trim on boats. My last one was tiller steer

If it is as nice as you say it is.......how often do you come across a real nice ready to run boat ?? Have you tested it on the water to know for sure everything is in good working order ?? What are the chances someone else will grab it if you wait ??

As Airshot implies, you should ask for a water test after you look the boat over. If it runs well and you like it, buy it. If you can get him to come down a bit due to the older motor, that would be good.

Boats.net still sells a lot of parts for those motors, and you can buy aftermarket parts if you google them.

Last edited:
If that trim goes out and an aftermarket one be added? I am unfamiliar with tilt/trim on boats. My last one was tiller steer

Not to my knowledge. I had an 84 60hp and got rid of it because of problems with the power trim, but the setup on your motor looks quite a bit different.