1984 Bass Tracker Tournament TX 17' - complete rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpfork

Reaction score
I picked up this boat in November and was lucky to get 3 days in on her before the weather changed here in Michigan.

I’m in the gutting stage while ordering stuff and designing the changes I want to make.

I tore out the super heavy 2x4 deck and soft pressure treated plywood and removed the console.
AA8BF0D4-4FFD-4098-A8DD-F55F06B7ED01.jpeg

I’m stripping off the AstroTurf and copious amount of liquid nails like adhesive

8470EA15-089C-47C5-93E1-2BE048BD7DE7.jpeg

Mushy front deck removed too

FC44EF68-5B0D-45FB-9045-D1D33EBA2A39.jpeg

Starting to mess with layout of pedal tray, center rod locker, storage, and likely console rebuild

03708F02-D636-40FE-B69F-512E396A2475.jpeg

Added a couple of packers for storage. Not sure about the one up front for the batteries as the center will have rod holders going through it

D4A9FEE7-1E30-4038-B157-AE95ED636B48.jpeg
6D3329A7-2BE5-4421-8ED2-16DD0DFCA287.jpeg

I’m thinking about making a super minimalist console out of aluminum framing and the same 1/2 marine grade, epoxy coated ply. It will have a bit more leg height.

Next steps:

- finish stripping out the old carpet (I’d love advice on removing the glue)
- dig foam out of floor (water logged) and replace with purple board (need to figure out how thick to use)
- decide if I’m going to dig the foam out of the front and back. It is dry as a bone and seems structurally sound. Was thinking about leaving it alone other than a coat of epoxy.
- pull the floppy factory aluminum support and storage flooring out of the front
- figure out what I need to do to tighten (buck?) a couple of leaky rivets.
- seal the rivets and seams from the inside using Goop Coat-it 2 part epoxy
- figure out how in the heck I’m going to do the aluminum framing
- figure out if double offset piano hinges are going to work

This is the latest sketch of my deck layout. The squiggles lines are the hinges. The rod locker is in the middle. I want to make a cooler out of double walled purple foam opposite the console. I’m going to make the driver and passenger seats removable on pins with a piece of decking that hinges down to allow folks to step on deck where the seats go when going fast.
The battery area is very much a work in progress when it comes to design.
376BC206-DCB1-4546-8FFE-61E19A008FEA.jpeg

Thanks in advance for advice (and funny snark/ dad jokes)

Sharpfork said:
I picked up this boat in November and was lucky to get 3 days in on her before the weather changed here in Michigan.

I’m in the gutting stage while ordering stuff and designing the changes I want to make.

I tore out the super heavy 2x4 deck and soft pressure treated plywood and removed the console.
View attachment 6

I’m stripping off the AstroTurf and copious amount of liquid nails like adhesive

View attachment 5

Mushy front deck removed too

View attachment 4

Starting to mess with layout of pedal tray, center rod locker, storage, and likely console rebuild

View attachment 3

Added a couple of packers for storage. Not sure about the one up front for the batteries as the center will have rod holders going through it

View attachment 2
View attachment 1

I’m thinking about making a super minimalist console out of aluminum framing and the same 1/2 marine grade, epoxy coated ply. It will have a bit more leg height.

Next steps:

- finish stripping out the old carpet (I’d love advice on removing the glue)
- dig foam out of floor (water logged) and replace with purple board (need to figure out how thick to use)
- decide if I’m going to dig the foam out of the front and back. It is dry as a bone and seems structurally sound. Was thinking about leaving it alone other than a coat of epoxy.
- pull the floppy factory aluminum support and storage flooring out of the front
- figure out what I need to do to tighten (buck?) a couple of leaky rivets.
- seal the rivets and seams from the inside using Goop Coat-it 2 part epoxy
- figure out how in the heck I’m going to do the aluminum framing
- figure out if double offset piano hinges are going to work

This is the latest sketch of my deck layout. The squiggles lines are the hinges. The rod locker is in the middle. I want to make a cooler out of double walled purple foam opposite the console. I’m going to make the driver and passenger seats removable on pins with a piece of decking that hinges down to allow folks to step on deck where the seats go when going fast.
The battery area is very much a work in progress when it comes to design.

Thanks in advance for advice (and funny snark/ dad jokes)
PW-Marine.com

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Glad to see someone else saving a bass tracker. Looks like your headed in the right direction. I have a 95 bas tracker and just bought a 78 bass tracker this past Saturday. I'm planning on restoring the 78 to its original condition.

Teckman12 said:
Glad to see someone else saving a bass tracker. Looks like your headed in the right direction. I have a 95 bas tracker and just bought a 78 bass tracker this past Saturday. I'm planning on restoring the 78 to its original condition.
Full biuld in the link!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/240857464221153/permalink/256051716035061/
9068a6dbc6ef5c1dabd17715a1e568bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Latest posts