1989 FLATSTRACKER 17tx to center console flats boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well maiden voyage went well. had some cooling issues with the motor that are almost resolved. we have a few things left to do, finishing lighting up and the platform so hope.

Attachments

• IMG_7720s.jpg
    IMG_7720s.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 1,015
Hi scsdiver. I just stumbled across your thread and wanted to compliment you on the great work. I was also wondering if you had any more pics of your LED set up. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna steal your entire set up, but I'm terrible with electrical stuff. Any pics, schematic, or a write up would be awesome. Keep up the great work. Thanks.

FINALLY has two successfull trips out on the boat tongiht with no motor problems! we have spent the last two weeks chasing issue after issue and finally got them all worked out. even took it to dinner tonight. we hope to finish the rest of the build by next week.

Attachments

• 20121007_192147.jpg
    20121007_192147.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 1,567
  • IMG_7730s.jpg
    IMG_7730s.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 1,567
  • IMG_7722s.jpg
    IMG_7722s.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 1,567
Nice work... 4 a.m. and had been wondering what ighting lady yellow would look like on a tinny. Once I pickup my new to me SeaArk 1872, going to Linex the interior and paint the exterior with a good paint. Been going back and forth between fighting lady yellow and white. It gets hot on the flats in the summer in N. Florida and a light color is a must. Great work!

Well, looks like its time for a final update on the project.

We finished the platform some time ago, got all the lighting installed and thought we were ready to go. Turns out we had some motor issues still! We chased it and chased it around and finally found a HUGE amount of scale in the water jackets around the cylinders. We finally got it all cleaned and all seems to be running much better now.

On the water, pre-platform.
n5HRyl.jpg

Night interior (with ability to change lighting color)
vpEH2l.jpg

Platform and lighting for the motor/Nav
i2ZABl.jpg

Bow Lights
8Oahtl.jpg

So yeah...just a little scale buildup!
nlSWSl.jpg

xDPg1l.jpg

Thanks for looking, and for the encouragement and help

Wise man say “No flushy motor, you have big pwalablem” :LOL2: Glad you got it worked out. Your build was great. The boat looks exceptional. =D> Good luck with it.

how do you connect the LED's. if you buy a 16ft roll but need 4 ft in 4 different places how do you connect the 3 with no plugs??? i'm getting ready to buy some lights for my build when i saw your Bow lights and loved them.

Man that thing is sweet! Nice build, wish I had a tracker to turn into a flats boat!

Man, that's a sharp build. Makes me second guess myself on going camo on mine. Make this one a flats boat and buy a open hull jon boat to duck hunt with... Decisions, decisions...