1990 tracker tachometer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyo3629

Reaction score
I have a bass tracker pro V 17 that I have installed a three cylinder Suzuki in place of the two cylinder Johnson. There’s a selector switch on the back of the tachometer that I need to change to three cylinders. Unfortunately the switch is not marked and I don’t know what position to put it in. It has a little slot in it. Thanks for any help you guys could offer me.
Also there’s a gray wire going to the tachometer that is disconnected. What does it go to?

I believe that OMC tachometer won’t work with the engine you have. Look for Brandon’s garage on YouTube he’s a OMC guys, Also I have the same boat with a 40 Johnson Tracker.

It is not the number of cylinders you are looking for on the back of the tachometer.
What you probably have is a FARIA tachometer. Now, you need to look up the Faria instructions that may give you the diagram you need as well as covering the outboard you have.
If not then you will need to know how many poles the alternator has on your engine as that is usually what tells you which position to set the tachometer at.

Latest posts