1997 Sylvan 16' Back Troller Select complete remodel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I decided to make a few more mods. This time I am adding t-slot channel around the gun-wale. This turned into an event. I want the ability to more rod holders, drink holders, tool holders around the boat as needed. Didn't like the idea of drilling a bunch of holes to add brackets and figured t-track would be the way to go.

research- T-track for cheap?
I searched out a variety of options. Called my local aluminum supplier and got a quote for two 12' long 3/4" thick x 1.5" wide rectangular aluminum. $90 a stick x 2 = $180 plus tax and machining. Ouch!!!

Someone recommended 8020 T-track. Its an extruded t-slot and comes in various lengths and dimensions. Called a local supplier of 8020 and they wanted more than I wanted to pay. Discovered 8020 sells direct to the public. I ordered 4 6' 3/4" by 1.5" 1015 t-slot and 12 t-handles with nuts and washers, plus taxes and delivery charges totaled $154.
The challenge, extruded 3/4" thick aluminum is not easy to bend. Figured I'd machine the back from 1/4" to 1/8" and build a bending template. Plus a little heat and back muscles we should get her done.

Pictures of the T-Track as delivered.
IMG_2624.JPG
IMG_2628.JPG
IMG_2631.JPG
IMG_2634.JPG

Latest posts