2004 Alumacraft Lunker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dkotarski

Reaction score
Recently became the proud owner of a 2004 Alumacraft Lunker 165. Was going to install a minn kots power drive trolling motor on the front but there's not a lot of room to mount it some what straight off the bow.
It seems I have to mount it more of an angle across the bow. Any feed back on putting it more left of center and straighter would be helpful. Thank you!!!

Most bow mounted trolling motors are mounted on an angle, like a typical bass boat setup. That's also how I mounted a Minn Kota Terrova on my 1974 Sears Semi-V row boat.

When mounting a trolling motor on an angle, just be sure that it won't hit the dock due to too much of the motor hanging over the side of the boat.

Recently became the proud owner of a 2004 Alumacraft Lunker 165. Was going to install a minn kots power drive trolling motor on the front but there's not a lot of room to mount it some what straight off the bow.
It seems I have to mount it more of an angle across the bow. Any feed back on putting it more left of center and straighter would be helpful. Thank you!!!
I had the same boat and mine was mounted at an angle-left of center-it will take up too much bow space if mounted in the center.

Latest posts