2011 SwimBait Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before
SHAD_p.jpg

After
2011-03-02171659.jpg

No fish

Honestly, I can't tell you exactly what ripped it in half. I was pulling (then yanking) HARD, so I don't think the material was at fault. I was actually very surprised by the quality of the bait and how well it moved in the water.
Disclamer: I have never used a swimbait before.

bearsphan3.14 said:
Honestly, I can't tell you exactly what ripped it in half. I was pulling (then yanking) HARD, so I don't think the material was at fault. I was actually very surprised by the quality of the bait and how well it moved in the water.
Disclamer: I have never used a swimbait before.

C'mon Bearsphan........give us something better. For most of us, we've been cooped up inside all winter and can't wait to get out on soft water again. We need something to get us going again. Here...let me help.

I can't tell you exactly what ripped it in half, but I was trolling slowly when a wake the size of a pontoon boat came up in the water right about where the lure was. I was both excited and scared it was so big. I saw fins for a second, then suddenly, the wake caught up to the boat, hit the transom and forced the boat forward with a sudden thrust throwing both me and my rod on the floor of the boat. I never let go though and through the whole event, knew it was a trophy. Then, as I was getting back to my feet, I thought I saw FIRE and certainly saw smoke rising right off the surface of the water. The heat was so intense that I was nearly sun burned by it. Then....the tug was gone and the wake started moving away from the boat. When I finally was able to reel in my swim bait.....it was in half. (show picture here)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
:mrgreen:

So are we supose to post them here or make a report? If we need to make a report ill go ahead and do that later. First decent sized fish on a swimbait this year, was about 5lbs and hammered a spro bbz shad 4inch swimbait, color was lavender shad.

spro1-1.jpg

spro2-2.jpg

Yup post them here! Just keep on editing your original thread and adding your pictures to it so they are in one post.

Nice fish! Ate that whole thing up! :beer:

fender66 said:
C'mon Bearsphan........give us something better. For most of us, we've been cooped up inside all winter and can't wait to get out on soft water again. We need something to get us going again. Here...let me help.

hahaha
you got me laughing for a good while reading your full post, nice one :)

Just out of curiosity, does THIS count? LOL The McShad caught a shad!
McShad_shadlol.jpg

House,
Not sure if your joking or not. But I will answer it seriously. :mrgreen:

From basspro that is listed as a crankbait, not a swimbait. So unfortunately your trophy fish would not count.

Jim said:
House,

From basspro that is listed as a crankbait, not a swimbait. So unfortunately your trophy fish would not count.

Oh, I am one of the biggest clowns on here...I was just posting it to get a laugh. I still don't know how the little guy got his mouth opened that wide :eek:

Outdoorsman said:
I am glad this contest covers all of 2011. I tried throwing a swimbait yesterday and is just skidded across the ice..... :LOL2:

Im In.....

Outdoorsman.

Give this a read. My dad and I wrote this over 20 years ago

normal_fisherman_lie_%281232_x_1622%29.jpg

HOUSE said:
Jim said:
House,

Oh, I am one of the biggest clowns on here...I was just posting it to get a laugh. I still don't know how the little guy got his mouth opened that wide :eek:

Watch it!

My clown status is not open to debate

Latest posts