2011 SwimBait Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, starting from the bottom pic, here is my very first ever swimbait fish. Caught this in my cousins lake. Caught it on a 4" Storm Wildeye Shad in Shad color. Here is another I got with a 3" Storm Wildeye Shad in shad color. Fished it like a jerk bait. Caught this white bass Fri. on the Little Tallapoosa River on a 3" Storm Wildeye Shad in shad color. And I caught this crappie today on another 3" Storm wildeye in shad color. I did dip the tail to change it to a chatruese color. Here's a pic of my boy Jacob with his first swimbait fish. Caught it on a 3" Storm wildeye shad in shad color. Jacob caught this good one on the same trip with a 2.5" Bass Assassin swimbait in what I think is purple/pearl color.This next one I caught while my daughter and I were fishing together today, caught it on 3" Creme Spoiler Shad swimming bait in Chartruese Red Head color.This next pic, I caught this bass with a Possum Lures swimbait in the crappie color. Got this next bass today at my church's lake, caught it with the Possum Lures swim bait in crappie color.

Attachments

• rsz_swimbait_1.jpg
    rsz_swimbait_1.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,017
  • rsz_yeah_001.jpg
    rsz_yeah_001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2,006
  • rsz_little_t_014.jpg
    rsz_little_t_014.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,974
  • rsz_little_t_003.jpg
    rsz_little_t_003.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,973
  • rsz_pond_jacob_007.jpg
    rsz_pond_jacob_007.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,968
  • rsz_pond_jacob_012.jpg
    rsz_pond_jacob_012.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,968
  • rsz_mariah__paddling_canoe_008.jpg
    rsz_mariah__paddling_canoe_008.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,949
  • rsz_pond_013.jpg
    rsz_pond_013.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,882
  • rsz_church_fish_004.jpg
    rsz_church_fish_004.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,878
Maiden voyage in the Rhyan Craft today

Fished for 1.5 hrs. Caught 2. This one on a High Power Herring swimbait, Other was on the senko

P4070451.jpg

Probably 2lbs (Didn't measure, didn't weigh, because I know I will stick one better soon :mrgreen: )

04/30/11
4.5#
P4300459-1.jpg

we have ourselves a CONTEST now. :beer:

As of today.....

slim357 -1 entry
Captain ahab -1 entry
lswoody - 2 entries
Brine -1 entry

Remember, add all your pictures in your first/original thread so we can keep all your pictures together. It will make it easier to add them up later.

I'm going to report my swimbait catches here...

I went out today to try and catch some LM or crappie on a 2" Wild Eye shad in the Shad color...This is the first time I've used these, I bought a whole bunch of them at Target on clearance a few months ago. Unfortunately, I caught exactly 0 LM or Crappie...but I did find a school of some white perch! I caught 4 total, but released the first one (it was small) before I remembered to take pictures...I only got pics of the first 2 with the swimbaits, the 3rd was when it was raining too hard to take pics.

Attachments

• Cross Eyed!.jpg
    Cross Eyed!.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,919
  • Right Down the barrel.jpg
    Right Down the barrel.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,919
  • The day's catch.jpg
    The day's catch.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,919
No one reads the rules - FishinsMyLife is NOT ALLOWED in this contest unless he has both the loafers and Coon Cap on and in the photo

One on my hand poured 5" solid swimmer on a 1/2 oz head

BigJ4-30-11008.jpg

and two more

On 5" Fat Head hollow body swimbait on a weedless hook
BigJ4-30-11001.jpg

Heading out in the AM never had luck on a swim bait, but hey it going to be in the 60's going to hit a channel and see what swims through :wink: hope it is something nice [-o<

#2: 5/8/11

Striper on the 4" Tru Tungsten. I caught another one on it, but I couldn;t bring myself to take a picture of such a small striper :LOL2:

IMG00121-20110508-2154.jpg

fender66 said:
Those baits get horrible reviews, but I like them.

Their quality control doesn't seem to be the best. The first one I had was great and would swim perfectly from a burn to as slow as you could crank it. This one literally didn't swim at all out the package, but I pulled all the pins and cut and widened all the cavities where the loop things fit in so it would be able to swing wider. I also had to mess around with hook combinations to find some that worked, but now it's fixed to where it'll catch some fish.

Latest posts