2015 Alumacraft MV 1546 DD build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea man, a seat with a back rest would be nice for long rides, but once i get there it's just in the way... thanks for sharing the pictures. the split rear bench does give a little extra floor space for working & hunting, but i like the rear deck a lot better for fishing. gas tank up front huh? sounds like major surgery, let's see it!

installed more turf on the front deck:

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

300 denier "B" sized jon boat cover from wal-mart fits the hull perfectly:
IMG_1629.jpg

Good job...cutting to the contour of the floor couldn't have been easy. Going in for a few mods in a couple of weeks. Definitely going with a removable grab bar and getting some seadek or hydroturf.

dwbiggs said:
Good job...cutting to the contour of the floor couldn't have been easy.
thanks, wasn't too hard to install the turf. tape measure, straight edge, & a razor blade made quick work of it. the foam is soft enough you can get away with an extra 1/4" or so. tilt the razor to bevel the cut edge so the turf sits flush against the sides.

did a little fishing today, no catching tho
IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

here's a couple more of the turf floor:
IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

it's just a generic cover, but it almost looks custom made to fit this hull:
IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

this keeps water & trash from collecting on top of the boat cover:
IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

here's the box the boat cover came in:
IMG_1661.jpg

the sizing chart says this cover is for a 14' boat so I was not expecting it to fit:
IMG_1662.jpg

Nice...like the yeti...what size is that? You happy with your motor? Looking around for a used motor...2 stroke of some kind. Don't want to be running my mud motor around in the salt.

nice boat i have the 1546 tunnel. i like the hatch in the front i cut a hatch in the front deck just in front of the seat mount and was thinking about putting one in the front like you did.

dwbiggs said:
Nice...like the yeti...what size is that? You happy with your motor? Looking around for a used motor...2 stroke of some kind. Don't want to be running my mud motor around in the salt.

are you in florida i have a 98 2 stroke mercury 25 shortshaft for sale

Yep...in Melbourne...and am interested.

BTW, how do you like your boat? You just fish out of it or hunt as well? Have any pics?

Thanks

dwbiggs said:

BTW, how do you like your boat? You just fish out of it or hunt as well? Have any pics?

Thanks

just fish i am in port richey if you want to check it out pm me

dwbiggs said:

Thanks

just fish i am in port richey if you want to check it out pm me

Attachments

• KIMG0021.JPG
    KIMG0021.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 2,749
nice, got any more pictures of that deck hatch? did you dig out all the foam? i am wondering what it looks like under my foam, i want to put in some rod holders, but i want to be sure I plumb them for drainage to the weep channels so the foam doesn't have water just sitting on it from the rod holders. i'm 1/2 way there though, i coughed up $10 for em:
IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

dwbiggs said:
Nice...like the yeti...what size is that?
45 but i would have gotten a 65 if would have fit under the deck of my flats boat, too big though

dwbiggs said:
You happy with your motor? Looking around for a used motor...2 stroke of some kind.
couldn't be happier.

40hp Toha 2-stroke look like a good fit for this hull @ 206lbs with short shaft, power trim, & electric start
25hp eTec 2-strokes also look good at 150lbs with short shaft, manual trim, & rope start
a used Yam on craigslist would b much cheaper though...

got me a new trailer for the flats boat:
IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

swapped a few parts & she fit like a glove. the bow stop had to be changed from flat/skiff style to fit my vee hull, & the 8" bunk brackets had to be swapped for 10" brackets in order for the chine to clear the trailer cross members.
IMG_1669.jpg

i added some scrap leftover turf to the tongue as well:
IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

I made use of the existing holes in the rear deck for the installation of 2 flush mounted, vertical rod holders.

Here's the port side before & after:
image.jpg

image.jpg

starboard side:
image.jpg

image.jpg

this is the original hole the factory had plugged with a plastic plug:
image.jpg

necessary diameter traced in green sharpie after foam was removed to the depth of the rod holder:
image.jpg

used a jig saw with a bi-metal blade to enlarge the hole... didn't bother plumbing them for drainage because there was an inch of standing water in the hole as it sat from the Alumacraft factory designed hole with a plastic plug n it...I used a stick of 3/4" pvc pipe and a flathead screw driver to remove some foam til the rod holders just bottomed out, then attached em with 3/16" aluminum pop rivets just like the front hatch

Finally found an outboard to go along with the mudmotor. 2006 Yammy 25 4 stroke.

Attachments

• IMG_20150530_133903376_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150530_133903376_HDR.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 2,164
Had a couple clamps not doing anything so...

Attachments

• IMG_20150412_131955187.jpg
    IMG_20150412_131955187.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2,163
Nice man, I might have to copy your rod holder idea. how do you like that 4 stroke? and will it hit 30 mph?

Next on my list is a scissor blind, Only three months to early teal season :mrgreen:

Nice build.... I've been looking at a Alumacraft MV 1648 NCS online since my nearest dealer is 2 hours away and was wondering how well they were actually built and looked in person. After seeing your boat I believe I will go for a 2 hour ride next weekend.

Thanks

Latest posts