2015 Alumacraft MV 1546 DD build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was giving u ****. Out west we don't. Do eat them no biggie. They are terrible here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evansjoem said:
I was giving u s**t. Out west we don't. Do eat them no biggie. They are terrible here

HA!! So I've heard. Those aren't my pictures, was just curious why you were giving him a hard time about shooting coots. We can kill 15 a day in Maryland. I've never shot one myself though. Sounds like how we treat mergansers. We try not to shoot them because they taste so bad. I even tried to make jerky out of a few one time. Bad idea!!

I shot a merganser when I was a kid and my dad made me eat it they are terrible!

Ive had a few mergs from Ga and Fl, havnt crossed a bad tasting one yet. But Coots, ill pass on. I have heard they can taste great too. probably all about where and what they are eating.

evansjoem said:
Did I see a coot in that picture?? SMH.....
haha yea i actually did shoot that coot, he was taunting me though [-X

normally, i don't shoot coots or mergansers because they don't eat well. they do make good dog toys though :mrgreen:

BigTerp said:
along side the green wing teal and the hen mallard
that's actually a mottled duck Terp, they are definitely hard to distinguish from a hen mallard

chevyrulz said:
that's actually a mottled duck Terp, they are definitely hard to distinguish from a hen mallard

Ah, sure is. We get a crack at those every once in a great while. Looks like you had a good year? We did OK. Better goose hunting then ducks for us this year. Killed 56 geese during early goose season. Didn't keep track of the ducks, but not quite as good as years past. Our waterfowl season is officially over March 9th. Doubt I'll make it back out before then. Ready to do some fishing anyway!!

the waiting is killing me! just ordered this hull & trailer (alumacraft MV1860AW), delivery should happen around the week of 7/18/16:
1860.jpg

my 1860 will have rear casting deck like my 1546, not split bench/pods like the above pic

alumacraft was kind enough to rig the lighter weight 1860 tiller hull with their smaller 1650 sized console & they're deleting the windshield & the grab rail:
image.jpg

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

cc4.jpg

hull is 625lbs + the console

it's rated for a 50hp 4-stroke, but i got a 2004 Yamaha 60hp 2-stroke for it :mrgreen:

those are all just stock photos from the alumacraft website... I will make a new thread once real modifications begin , i may even have a leaning post fabbed up if funds permit

Great build. A word of caution, be careful about overpowering what the vessel is rated for. You or the person you sell to may not be able to get it insured.

any hull & motor combination can be insured. the question is, can you afford the insurance policy?

if you overpower the hull, you pay more & you limit the list of companies willing to write the policy.

as far as the 1860 i ordered, the tiller model is rated for a 50, but when they rig the center console, the rating goes up, so it's rated for a 90 on the NMMA plate which may or may not have already been tossed in the garbage [-X

Latest posts