2017 Yamaha F25....is it NMEA compatible?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Does engine have to be running for hours to display?"

On my 6y8 gauge no data is available unless the engine is running.

kdgrills said:
"Does engine have to be running for hours to display?"

On my 6y8 gauge no data is available unless the engine is running.

Thanks kd-

I'll run motor tomorrow and then check again. Fingers crossed!!!

It worked great! Thanks for the tip kd!

I have RPM, engine hours, alternator, and engine temp. Temp I wasn't expecting, so great discovery!

Kd, does your 6Y8 gauge provide any additional data to what I have?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3771 (1).jpg
    IMG_3771 (1).jpg
    130 KB · Views: 69
I'm glad you got it working!

I noticed the other night that the Hardline Tach I installed on my F25 is going haywire and looks like it may have gone bad which is a surprise as I've never had one fail on me even after some being over 5 years old. I mounted an hour meter under the hood right when I got it which does have my true hours but it's a shame that the Hardline failed as it put hours and rpms at a place I can view it on the fly. Rather than spend $25 on a new inductive tach I'll just put it towards this same setup you have. I have a tach I can borrow off another motor for the meantime. Hopefully I can get mine set up by this fall. I've decided to go with Garmin units. I plan to get a Garmin Echomap 93SV UHD for the back and will be what my Yamaha will interface with.

I'm glad you got it working!

I noticed the other night that the Hardline Tach I installed on my F25 is going haywire and looks like it may have gone bad which is a surprise as I've never had one fail on me even after some being over 5 years old. I mounted an hour meter under the hood right when I got it which does have my true hours but it's a shame that the Hardline failed as it put hours and rpms at a place I can view it on the fly. Rather than spend $25 on a new inductive tach I'll just put it towards this same setup you have. I have a tach I can borrow off another motor for the meantime. Hopefully I can get mine set up by this fall. I've decided to go with Garmin units. I plan to get a Garmin Echomap 93SV UHD for the back and will be what my Yamaha will interface with.
I'm interested to hear if you have done this with the Garmin.
I have a 73SV UHD coming and want to hook it up to my 2017 F25LMHC.

Thanks

Latest posts