2019 Yamaha F25 Power Trim

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skulker

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried one of the tilt, trim units that are listed on a couple places. They say they are for the F25 4 stroke, they don't specify the year? It would be cool to have trim on a tin boat!

The year model is critical as there are 3 generations of F25, and each one is completely different than the each of the others.

Basically a 2000 F25 PT&T won't fit a 2018, and a 18+ PT&T won't fit a 98-06, etc.

IF/when you do find the correct one, you will need your motor to be long shaft, as the short shaft clamp brackets are totally different; and will not accomodate the factory PT&T setup (or aftermarket to my knowledge).

A history....PT&T on Yamaha's smaller outboards (under 30hp) is only available on remote steer motors. If you want it on a tiller steer, you have to get (A) long shaft only and (B) convert remote to tiller, using the tiller kit. By then you have a $5600 (+/-) 25hp motor, and if the boat will carry a 40, an F40LA is a better option, and less expensive, and idles a LOT smoother.

With all that said, I looked into this heavily when I was at the dealer; with the help of a yamaha factory service rep. With his assistance, we came to the conclusion that putting an aftermarket add-on PT&T plate (sandwiches between the transom and the motor) is a much better option, so that's what I ended up with. CMC PT-35 is what I used. I was dreading whether or not it would fit in the garage with the extra 5.5" of setback and the way the motor sits on the plate, and turns, it actually fits BETTER in the garage than just hung on the transom. Also with the CMC style PT&T, you can raise the motor because of the setback, which once you get it all set up correctly, I saw exactly a 4mph improvement up top with no adverse affect on holeshot; in fact it might be slightly better because the CMC will "tuck" a little more.

BTW mine is a 2018 F25SWHC mounted on a war eagle 548.

Latest posts