2022 Lund Adventure 1775 Sport - Considering

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Man

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all-

Just looking to see if anyone has this model boat and wouldn't mid sharing their experiences with quality, fit/finish, performance, etc.
I was looking at one at a local dealer. I'm interested, but not quite sure. Priced at $34,799 after $1500 Lund rebate. It's a 2022 with 2023s on order, so they want to move it as quickly as possible. They called me back and quoted me $32K + T/L. Retirement has me feeling like I want a new boat!!!:ROFLMAO:. It sure would be much more comfortable than my current 2017 Alumacraft V16, of which I have NO complaints.

It is equipped with a Merc 90hp, galvanized trailer, tilt steering, slider helm seat, boat cover, extra pedestal seat, galvanized spare, galvanized load guides, swing tongue, and a bimini top.

It is rated for a 115hp but I do not need anything larger than a 90hp for my uses.
No electronics (I actually prefer that way, as most dealer add ons are not what I would select). It is white in color.

IMG_4580.jpegIMG_4583.jpegIMG_4584.jpegIMG_4585.jpegIMG_4586.jpegIMG_4588.jpeg

I don't have experience with that boat but see a lot of them at the lakes. The brand seems to have a good reputation. Back in 2018 I went from a 15' side console to an 18' walkthru. I'm glad I took the plunge. More room/storage. More comfortable. More power. Good stability. It is a completely different experience from my old boat but still easy to handle by myself. That Lund has a lot more features and storage than mine. I like the fold up transom ladder hidden in the rear compartment. They say 45 mph with the 115. Others might know how it does with the 90.

Lund is pretty top of the line as far as fit and finish goes in aluminum boats, you don't have much to worry about there.

The style of boat you choose is really dependent on how you like to fish.

Walk throughs are great for a warm, dry ride on rough water. There are also a lot of blunt edges to smack your elbows and fishing rods on going to and from the front deck. Great for trolling, drifting, or still fishing with live bait, especially if the wind is up since they're stable and the floor is low. Also plenty of room and seats for multiple people. You can buy a canvas top that essentially creates a full enclosure as well, although I suspect there's not much need in Cali.

If you're the type that does a lot of bass style fishing, pitching/flipping into cover, casting, etc., that boat wouldn't be ideal. The low gunnels, huge front deck, and lack of surface area for the wind to hit on a bass boat really help there.

If you like to just pull up to a spot and fish from a seated position without moving to and fro, that's where tillers and stick steers come in.

Well....after getting a call for an additional offer (from dealer) to take $100 off a new TM...

And then the bombshell....PLUS $675 Prep fee PLUS $1100 Freight.....we are now at $33775 PLUS tax and license!!

I said no thanks.

Well, it was fun to dream for a few days!!

I think if I ever do acquire a windshield model, it will be used. Used boats are what I know.

Wait... The first boat has dual consoles, but the other has a single side console. Which boat is it?

I like the single console for space in the summer, but dual consoles sure are nice for cold and wet weather. Add a bimini top, curtains and a center hole cover and you have a 4-season rig.

Nice boats, but I can't comment on whether you should buy. My 2000 Grady White 208 Adventure cost me $34K with a 200 Yamaha, walkaround cabin and tons of features, so I have a hard time imagining an aluminum boat for a similar cost.

Still, new is very nice if it's in the budget!

Wait... The first boat has dual consoles, but the other has a single side console. Which boat is it?

I like the single console for space in the summer, but dual consoles sure are nice for cold and wet weather. Add a bimini top, curtains and a center hole cover and you have a 4-season rig.

Nice boats, but I can't comment on whether you should buy. My 2000 Grady White 208 Adventure cost me $34K with a 200 Yamaha, walkaround cabin and tons of features, so I have a hard time imagining an aluminum boat for a similar cost.

I noticed the same thing after looking closer. One of these things is not like the other!

My bad...It is the first boat (windshield model). I took pics of both while I was there and inadvertently posted the SC model as well. But, the SC is also very nice for the reasons mentioned.

BTW....in 2000 $34K was a good chunk of change! Probably double that today.

Boats have become "very" expensive over the past 3-4 years!! If that is what you want and you can afford it, then go for it!! Not me, I could never justify the cost to myself. In my opinion only, those two jump seats in the back are worthless. Would be to much weight for two adults to sit there while underway. Don't care for that rod locker comming back into the sitting area. Actuall prefer my side console layout as much more user friendly, but each to his own!! Lund makes good stuff, no doubt....just cant justify that cost. Good luck on whatever you decide!!!

I agree, the SC is much more user friendly. I actually prefer it. I was leaning towards the windshield model as I believe it provides a safer cockpit for my 18yo son who has Autism. Although he is not one to take risks, and ALWAYS wears a life jacket, (has swimming lessons but did not fully grasp the concept), the SC is nearly as expensive. I believe with a 75hp it is only $5k less. Justification of the price is the issue with me....just feels to darn expensive! Same with new trucks!!

Boats have become "very" expensive over the past 3-4 years!! If that is what you want and you can afford it, then go for it!! Not me, I could never justify the cost to myself. In my opinion only, those two jump seats in the back are worthless. Would be to much weight for two adults to sit there while underway. Don't care for that rod locker comming back into the sitting area. Actuall prefer my side console layout as much more user friendly, but each to his own!! Lund makes good stuff, no doubt....just cant justify that cost. Good luck on whatever you decide!!!
Those center mounted rod lockers are the best thing ever. Beats a side box any day of the week.
I agree, the SC is much more user friendly. I actually prefer it. I was leaning towards the windshield model as I believe it provides a safer cockpit for my 18yo son who has Autism. Although he is not one to take risks, and ALWAYS wears a life jacket, (has swimming lessons but did not fully grasp the concept), the SC is nearly as expensive. I believe with a 75hp it is only $5k less. Justification of the price is the issue with me....just feels to darn expensive! Same with new trucks!!
Costs of everything have crept up over the years and our wages haven't followed.

I stumbled upon an old ad for a 1978 16ft Tracker with a 35hp Johnson for the low low price of $2995, or a little over 12k in 2022 dollars. A brand new 2022 Tracker Classic XL with a 50hp Merc is 16,995. So not much of an increase for how much more boat and motor you're getting.

The really sad part about buying a new boat is the depreciation !!! Spend 40K on a new boat to have it worth less than half that after a few years.....if your willing to do the research, there are so many nice used models for far less money and to be honest....the warranties dont mean much anymore, to many exceptions as to what is covered!! If you can save 15-20K you could make lots of repairs fot that !!

Modern boats are way over priced. With less quality. UUGGGH

" How can we charge more for less ? "

Those center mounted rod lockers are the best thing ever. Beats a side box any day of the week.

Costs of everything have crept up over the years and our wages haven't followed.

I stumbled upon an old ad for a 1978 16ft Tracker with a 35hp Johnson for the low low price of $2995, or a little over 12k in 2022 dollars. A brand new 2022 Tracker Classic XL with a 50hp Merc is 16,995. So not much of an increase for how much more boat and motor you're getting.

Seems because of covid the demand for things like boats and RVs went up. It will be interesting to watch what happens to boat prices now that things are returning to normal.

Latest posts