3 person fishing boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pt0872

Reaction score
Hey all...
Right now we're fishing a 10' jon boat. It's got two seats (not pedastal) and I get to sit up front on the aluminum bench. I get wet. I hate fishing from this boat....I want to stand up and fish.

Roughly what size boat should i be looking for to fit 3 people....I dont need 3 pedastal seats but enough room for us to not be in each others way.

Thanks.

That really depends on how you're fishing, riding down the bank pitching or flipping, you can stand folks elbow to elbow, but hauling back a c-rig with a 3 foot leader is gonna be problematic!

I'd say that a 14-16ft. jon, if that's what you are after, is gonna be the most likely to fit three folks, and still be able to be loaded and launched in less than perfect ramps. The biggest thing to look at is the bottom width, not the beam, or the top width. I personally use a 1436, but for three folks all the time, i would look to upgrade to a 42 or more inch wide bottom.

Fill us in on the rest of your details, such as how heavy, where you fish, etc, etc, and most importantly, how much you have to spend!

We fish mostly the reeds....

Lake is shallow, basically 2' - 16'. And it's loaded with moss.

Looking to spend around 2K which isnt much I know, but about all I can afford with the kids and every other bill I have.