3rd Annual Wisconsin/Illinois Tournament Postponed (See pg3)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring em on! I'm just getting my tackle boxes ready here. Quick question since I can't do any sort of pre-fishing, what is the normal water clarity there? Are we talking clear green? Stained? Mississippi Mud color?

Can't wait!

wasilvers said:
Bring em on! I'm just getting my tackle boxes ready here. Quick question since I can't do any sort of pre-fishing, what is the normal water clarity there? Are we talking clear green? Stained? Mississippi Mud color?

Can't wait!

Usually stained, although it seemed a little clearer than normal back at the beginning of April, but I havent been there in a few weeks.

Since there are so many things going on this time of year, with the weather heating up, graduations, sports, etc., we've decided to postpone the tournament until the late summer/fall. We'll probably need to have a different venue than clinton lake, as the 100 degree water temps probably won't help our catch rate, but I'll work to find another location and post some info soon.

Thanks again!

Matt

Maybe if the tourney lake was a little farther north, the water temps would be a little lower. Is Clinton Lake a power plant lake? Is that why the temps are so high?

BYOB Fishing said:
Since there are so many things going on this time of year, with the weather heating up, graduations, sports, etc., we've decided to postpone the tournament until the late summer/fall. We'll probably need to have a different venue than clinton lake, as the 100 degree water temps probably won't help our catch rate, but I'll work to find another location and post some info soon.

Thanks again!

Matt
If you all are changing up the date I just may be able to join you guys, Of course if there is any camping involved I would be required to bring the family. I have only Fished for bass a few times and really dont have the Equipment for Bassin but I would enjoy meeting some of you in person.

Heck Dragonman,you already have the most important equipment- Boat and rod&reel. All you really need is a pack of 3/0 hooks(EWG),a pack of 1/4oz bullet weights, and a pack of soft plastics(your choice)= $15.

Later in the year is better for me also,with starting a new job and Grandson's graduation.

S&MFISH said:
Heck Dragonman,you already have the most important equipment- Boat and rod&reel. All you really need is a pack of 3/0 hooks(EWG),a pack of 1/4oz bullet weights, and a pack of soft plastics(your choice)= $15.

Later in the year is better for me also,with starting a new job and Grandson's graduation.

I hear ya man, I will see what I can put together by the time by the time this trip is set up. I would love to try. If this trip materializes, It would be my wife, 4 kids and myself and I'm sure we would camp the whole weekend I hope that would not be a problem.

Latest posts