45km/h...5hp, tinkering

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive speed for a 5hp and a full grown man, 6,600 RPM is certainly over reving the design of that engine, but hey, it's his. I spoke too soon, 7,100 RPM and over 28 MPH! I can see the old crows on the HP restricted lake singing now!!!

Last edited:
I wonder what it would do if you mounted a hydrofoil under the boat to lift her out of the water? You may have to lose the jack plate to keep the prop in the water but that would be some mod.

I watched his boat build...its the bottom of a RIB, he added the sides and gunnels...think its just under 9' and 90lbs...theres alittle v to the hull.
He has some interesting videos(to me), found him by looking to cup an aluminum prop( he has a video on that)

I watched his boat build...its the bottom of a RIB, he added the sides and gunnels...think its just under 9' and 90lbs...theres alittle v to the hull.
He has some interesting videos(to me), found him by looking to cup an aluminum prop( he has a video on that)
When I get some time I'll look him up and check out his builds.

Latest posts