A 3-catch day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Headed to city park lake around 11am today and within the first 20 minutes I hooked 3. Took pics of the first two and the 3rd one was about 8" long. All 3 were caught using a JD Baits 5" Cut-Tail worm T-rigged with a 1/80z bullet sinker, and used a Hookerz 3/0 hook. :)

1st catch (14oz):
4-27-08a.JPG

2nd catch (not weighed, but about the same as the 1st one):
4-27-08b.JPG

=D> Good job WW. I went yesterday with the boys and we fished almost 2 hrs. and caught 2 fish. Mine was about 6 or 7 pounds and Austins was about 3 or so.
Naturally no camera so you all will just have to take my word for it :mrgreen:

Thanks guys :) . BA, the 3/0 wide-gap hook I used might have been a touch too big for the worm, so I'll try some smaller hooks next time. Pumpkin Green seemed to be the color of choice yesterday! Thanks BA 8)

Waterwings said:
Thanks guys :) . BA, the 3/0 wide-gap hook I used might have been a touch too big for the worm, so I'll try some smaller hooks next time. Pumpkin Green seemed to be the color of choice yesterday! Thanks BA 8)

Yea it is!! Ive been mainly using 1/0 or 2/0 hooks unless fishing one of our 6" fatboys, then ill move up to a 5/0. I have also been using the J-bend hooks with the worm gap instead of the EWG hooks, to help reduce line twist

Way to catchem up Mr. waterwings, how do you like those hookerz, any difference that you can see from the Gammys? =D>

Latest posts