Alumacraft F-7 mod/overhaul (hopefully)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r8rfan121

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've been looking through this site for about a year, and it's really gotten me motivated to do something with my old alumacraft F7. My dad has had this thing for a couple decades, maybe even longer, I wanna say him and a friend bought it together in the 70's from a farmer. I just got ahold of it last year and am ready to tear into this thing and make it go from pile of junk to something a lil more prideful. I've got a long list of things to do but can't wait to get into it. I'm gonna post all sorts of pics along the way, and any tips/suggestions/comments/concerns I really want to hear from you guys. First thing is first with this,
For the boat itself-
It leaks somewhere from the bow, when i post the photos you will definately see why.
The transom probably needs to be replaced.
the driver seat mount is ridiculously tipsy.

For the trailer-
it needs a new middle beam that it rests on
the rollers need to be replaced
the hull stop needs new rubber
the winch needs new rope
the side "bunks" (if you can call them that) need replaced
would like to put some guide on's on

the motor-
carb needs rebuilt
could use a new prop

now for the fun stuff i would like to do,
I want to removed the 3 rear benches, and put in a deck, pretty much like what dustin did on his f-7, almost the same setup, just not sure how i will get foam for the underside. I like the location of the seat so i'm thinking i'm going to build a half bench from the starboard side out that will keep the seat in its current position and height, and can double as a battery box with the controls located on the bench between the seat and the starboard wall. the front seat will be replaced with a seat with a post. I'd like to repaint the boat as well. And i'm hoping to be pretty frugal about this whole project. The goal is to have her all set up and ready to go by may 1st.

I will have the pic's posted as soon as I figure out how exactly to do that.

looks like a great starting platform.
maybe have a local sandblaster company spray it for a even and clean surface to start with.
I started a previous build after fresh sandblast was a great idea!

good luck with the build

first thing I,d do is take everything out of it that isnt riveted or bolted down then give it a good acid bath, it will lok new then and you can see ant "trouble spots" alot easier then. if you have any semi truck washes close they do acid brightning cheap.

Latest posts