Another Jet Head

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WhiskeyBent said:
smackdaddy53 said:
That is dead on with what I had drawn out but I added the extra 4" to the tunnel length. Should the tunnel be 20" total or 24" to make up for the 4" backset? Im thinking 20" from the front of the tunnel to the transom and then whatever extra i need to add to make the tunnel fit over the front of the foot.
I am about to get my jackplate and motor mounted so I can get exact measurements. Thanks for the help!
I built mine at 20" and just slid it rearward 6" past the transom.
That makes more sense, it is keeping dimensions with the design measurements. Thx

WhiskeyBent said:
smackdaddy53 said:
That is dead on with what I had drawn out but I added the extra 4" to the tunnel length. Should the tunnel be 20" total or 24" to make up for the 4" backset? Im thinking 20" from the front of the tunnel to the transom and then whatever extra i need to add to make the tunnel fit over the front of the foot.
I am about to get my jackplate and motor mounted so I can get exact measurements. Thanks for the help!
I built mine at 20" and just slid it rearward 6" past the transom.
Sorry, I just looked back at the OJ drawing, I built mine at the 18" and the 6" as they show, but their drawing is doesn't show the angled front I have on mine and it is necessary unless you have a flat-bottomed boat. So mine is actually 24" plus the tapered front portion. Probably around 30" OAL.

Latest posts