Any interest in a water pickup system?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smackdaddy53

Reaction score
Hey guys it’s been over six years since I was a frequent poster on here. I had a build thread where I modified a modified v and transformed it into a poling skiff after a few years of work. At the end of the build I ran it and ended up selling the jet and buying a 90 prop outboard for it and installed a Bob’s transom mount water pickup on it. After running it a while O sold it and bought a Maverick HPXT and have been running it since. I bought a Bob’s nosecone kit and never could bring my self to do all the work to add it to my lower unit because I figured I could fabricate something so that is what I did in 2017. Fast forward to 2019…I started working with a couple of well known Florida skiff builders and after they showed interest in my pickup system I proceeded to go to my machinist and design a machined version of my prototype housing and since then I have done over forty installs and counting. Now that I know what it will do and have the patent pending to cover my design I figured I’d poke around and see if other folks might be interested. If anyone has any questions I will be around. Thanks!!!

I can't say I have a real iterest in buying one, but would like to see some pictures to understand what it is. Years ago I saw a fiberglass housing that allowed a prop motor to be raised. I think it was for small HP outboards. From your description, this sounds like the heavy-duty version.

I can't say I have a real iterest in buying one, but would like to see some pictures to understand what it is. Years ago I saw a fiberglass housing that allowed a prop motor to be raised. I think it was for small HP outboards. From your description, this sounds like the heavy-duty version.
That’s basically what it is but not fiberglass and it’s more involved than that. ZephyrCove7 on Instagram has a lot of my portfoio on it.

FD704805-9427-4884-AC5C-20C91C8D4BDE.jpeg

What is this supposed to do? From what I'm getting this is a transom water pickup system to do???

It allows you to run the outboard as high as possible without the prop blowing out. The intake screens on the lower unit are deleted and my housing is the new location for picking up water. It has dual stage filtration so you extend the life of your water pump. My pump and impeller are almost six years old and still going. The water pump still pulls the water and yes it works at idle. You will need a custom heavier cupped prop and raise the outboard to get the full benefit but it’s a nice addition if you are building a boat or plan on modifying one to run shallower. This will not impede the way your boat runs and cools the engine perfectly. I have over 40 systems on the water from Texas to Florida and will soon be headed to Georgia to get hooked up with a boat shop over there.
This is the closest thing to an outboard jet without an outboard jet. It is patented so please do not get any ideas. I’ve spent a ton of time, money and work getting this product where it is 100% on my own.

Attachments

• IMG_0887.MOV
    9.1 MB
So it's a low water pickup that allows you to run your outboard like a surface drive?

Latest posts