Any interest in a water pickup system?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing the videos. I don't fish shallow water. Still, it was interesting to see this approach. I was wondering about how the PT&T might work with that set up. Do you recommend the hydraulic trim tabs?
I prefer Lenco electrics and PT&T would work fihe. This changes nothing with engine articulation.

So it's a low water pickup that allows you to run your outboard like a surface drive?
Did you watch the videos?
I appreciate you sharing your product, as it seems useful, but Eeshaw asked you a direct question. Why not answer, rather than firing back another question? Others, including me are wondering the same thing.

I appreciate you sharing your product, as it seems useful, but Eeshaw asked you a direct question. Why not answer, rather than firing back another question? Others, including me are wondering the same thing.
I was not being rude. I just think instead of me typing why don’t you guys watch the videos I post? One is an interview with a full explanation of basically everything about it and I point it all out. I guess if you want to say it’s like a surface drive it is but it’s really just giving you the ability to mount the outboard higher and run way higher than the stock intake location would allow.

Thank you for sharing this future product and I can tell a lot of R&D went into it. I’m curious if it might not help just myself but outboard owners in general that have a hydraulic tilt.

Many times when we beach in the river or even on any shoreline the engine is tilted up with prop out of the water to avoid objects. If the transom is in the water based on your explanation it will pull water and the lower outboard unit can be out of the water? This sounds like insurance for when folks prematurely fire up their outboards at least, if I’m not mistaken?

Thank you for sharing this future product and I can tell a lot of R&D went into it. I’m curious if it might not help just myself but outboard owners in general that have a hydraulic tilt.

Many times when we beach in the river or even on any shoreline the engine is tilted up with prop out of the water to avoid objects. If the transom is in the water based on your explanation it will pull water and the lower outboard unit can be out of the water? This sounds like insurance for when folks prematurely fire up their outboards at least, if I’m not mistaken?
As long as the bottom of your hull is wet you can run the outboard completely out of the water.

Are there any issues running in cold weather? We duck hunt, often in single digit temps. Does this system self-drain so tubing, filters etc. don't freeze while we're out there?

Attachments

• Ice.JPG
    Ice.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm trying to figure out what niche of fishing this works for. Jets use their setup for rocky bottoms in shallows and the bowfishing crowd uses fans on their boats, while duck hunters have surface drives. Which arena is this particularly useful for?

I'm trying to figure out what niche of fishing this works for. Jets use their setup for rocky bottoms in shallows and the bowfishing crowd uses fans on their boats, while duck hunters have surface drives. Which arena is this particularly useful for?
Particularly shallow water. Did anyone watch the videos?

While the skeg is probably lower than a jet foot, it should be much more efficient. Jets hate sand. Also, if there is allot of deeper, wave filled water getting to your flats, less cavitation.

I did watch the video, hence the questions. It looks like it replaces a low water pickup on the lower unit for a pickup on the transom. I'm just wondering what the advantage is here?

I think you have a very innovative product. Here is some friendly feedback. I think you might be missing opportunities by not listening to or encouraging questions. And, not just for marketing. I may not be a potential customer but I talk to a lot of people. Word of mouth is huge. Your call of course.

This was a waste of my time. Y’all have a good life! I asked the mods to delete the thread.
More friendly feedback: I agree the thread was a waste of my time. Not because of the product info or the questions posted, but because of your attitude. Bye, Felicia!

This was a waste of my time. Y’all have a good life! I asked the mods to delete the thread.
I actually like the product and totally see its value, but I don’t understand this attitude. It’s a niche product and not everyone here understands saltwater flats fishing and has a context for what this does. You need to be more patient with people. You and your product are one and the same starting out. No one will take a chance on it if the seller has a short fuse. You have to be willing to answer all questions even if they seem dumb.

Latest posts