Any interest in a water pickup system?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More friendly feedback: if you come to a forum of experienced boaters to display your wares, chances are pretty good that you will attract questions and comments. If your product is not transparent and inspectable you may potentially be doing yourself a disservice by alienating a prospective market.

Particularly shallow water. Did anyone watch the videos?
I watched the videos...all of them.

It is my understanding, as some have already stated in here, that your low water pickup essentially creates a surface drive. Albeit with a skeg. I could see the benefits of a high HP outboard being used as a surface drive to access skinnier water.

It’s not complicated, people just make things way too difficult. I’m booked up for installs for a while now. I have a customer dragging his skiff 18 hours from Colorado tomorrow to get this system, a Hull Marine Products Nano jackplate, a custom three blade triple cupped prop and a TranSport CP-100 compression plate installed.
I don’t have as much time to type any more. My system is self explanatory and the videos show everything.
Have a nice winter!

I was wondering about how the PT&T might work with that set up. Do you recommend the hydraulic trim tabs?

Last edited:
I was wondering about how the PT&T might work with that set up. Do you recommend the hydraulic trim tabs?

I had the same question (see posts #19 & #21). Of course the outboard will tilt, but I still question how effective the "trim" function would be with the prop just below the surface. Hence trim tabs that can be adjusted underway seem like a possible "good to have" to me. But honestly, I don't know.

Latest posts