Anyone familiar with Scandy White boats?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm interested to find out more about early 90s 14X48s - Stick steer in middle boat. I called Scandy White's directly, but they didn't seem interested in talking. I'll be fishing small and large river systems primarily - and some lakes in western North Carolina. Fishing buddy mentioned to me that he thought it was too heavy to push over log jams, sand/rock bars. Can anyone testify to the agility of Scandy White's little boats? I could see investing in a 20-25 HP four stroke for starters, but hoping to move into a jet later $$$. Will a trolling motor move the boat fast enough to avoid hazards (logs, rocks, little rapids) in sometimes fast current (1200 CFS)? Would I be better off going for light weight riveted boat?

I'm interested to find out more about early 90s 14X48s - Stick steer in middle boat. I called Scandy White's directly, but they didn't seem interested in talking. I'll be fishing small and large river systems primarily - and some lakes in western North Carolina. Fishing buddy mentioned to me that he thought it was too heavy to push over log jams, sand/rock bars. Can anyone testify to the agility of Scandy White's little boats? I could see investing in a 20-25 HP four stroke for starters, but hoping to move into a jet later $$$. Will a trolling motor move the boat fast enough to avoid hazards (logs, rocks, little rapids) in sometimes fast current (1200 CFS)? Would I be better off going for light weight riveted boat?
The Scandy White you mentioned is a great little boat for creeks, rivers and lakes. It is a little on the heavy side. If you do buy one you can have flotation pods made for the back. If you decide to put a motor on it go with a 25 hp to 35hp at the most for that size boat. All in all you can never go wrong with a Scandy White boat. As far as using a trolling motor I would use atleast a 55lb trolling motor.

The Scandy White you mentioned is a great little boat for creeks, rivers and lakes. It is a little on the heavy side. If you do buy one you can have flotation pods made for the back. If you decide to put a motor on it go with a 25 hp to 35hp at the most for that size boat. All in all you can never go wrong with a Scandy White boat. As far as using a trolling motor I would use atleast a 55lb trolling motor.
I settled on a Lowe 14X48 Big John with 2021 25hp Merc 4 stroke. I motor runs like a dream, but the boat needs a lot of work. I'll be gutting it out, but need to peruse this forum like a bandit! Previously owner used treated lumber, and drilled a hole in bottom of boat for live well...

I know of a scandy white in Ga for sale. 1997. 15x48 30hp jet drive. It’s on facebook market place.