Anyone know who made this boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcole131405

Reaction score
Trying to ID this boat. No HIN and no maker make that I can find. Boat is almost 14ft. Any help appreciated.
Want to fix it up with all the knowledge here, I think I might have a good chance.

Attachments

• Boat back.jpg
    Boat back.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Boat bow side 2.jpg
    Boat bow side 2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Boat bow side.jpg
    Boat bow side.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Boat Bow.jpg
    Boat Bow.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Boat Side.jpg
    Boat Side.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
Hey Jcole131405. Any chance you could post some shots of the interior?
The transom knee brace, the floor to seat construction, and the rib layout in particular?

...also of interest...are the rear corner braces welded or riveted?

Last edited:
The boat has registration numbers on it from Tennessee. You should call them. They can tell you what it was last registered as. I just hunted down a boat owner 3 states away once I found the registration numbers. It's worth making the call.

Attachments

• 20221213_134246.jpg
    20221213_134246.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 0
99.9% sure its an Appleby of 1970 vintage. TWRA was no help with the registration as it was incomplete. Thank you all for the help. Trying to find more info on Appleby boats and start fixing a few slow leaks and then paint

Heres a pic of the inside
It seems you have a worthy line of inquiry with Appleby. This is newer than my wheelhouse, unfortunately.
The stern design and handle location speak to a Richline Sportsman but there are differences in the benches and the bow piece.
The lapstrake panels, the press-formed splash rail, and the absence of a HIN plate definitely drop in the mid-60s to 1972 timeframe, though.
Just for giggles, I'll attach the trade sheet for Appleby lifted from the fiberglassics library. If you haven't found it yet, it can offer some measurements to help dial in the model. I'll also add the Sportsman lit but your interior shot kinda killed that idea, I think.

Attachments

• Applebybb004.jpg
    Applebybb004.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 0
  • richline Sportsman.jpg
    richline Sportsman.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts