Are there any fly fishers on this site?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you didn't get what richg99 meant...you can turn the head around on that 30lbs TM,to make it a bow mount.
Something to hook it to and your good to go.
Trolling from the bow is a whole lot easier then the stern.

Yeah, that's what I hope to give a try this weekend. But when you say "a whole lot easier", I am hoping that you mean is more efficient or better control.

Yup...
Leave your outboard in the water,acts like a rudder,helps in control as well.
I'm thinking trolling motors are better at pulling then pushing as well.

Well I had it out again this morning. There was no wind, so trolling from the transom was a LOT easier. There's really no wight in my boat right now either, so once I get the decks built up, the trolling motor up front, I think I should be doing a lot better.

On a separate note, I downloaded a GPS speed app onto my phone. With my little 10 hp Mariner, I clocked a top speed of 19.6 mph! I was stoked to get that kind of speed. I'll have her out again this weekend with a friend. We'll see how she does with him in the boat.

The fishing still sucks here. We've had some warmer weather, but the nights are still cold. Have yet to find any fish yet. I suppose I could go trout fishing. . .

Trout fishing is becoming a luxtury around my parts.
At one time our waters were 90% brookies and atlantic salmon.
In the 50's DFO introduced smallies and around the same time someone illegally introduced chain pickerel.
Our small lakes and rivers have been taking over by these species,bucket brigades,plus the acid rain...makes trouting an expedition.
Have to really know my spots and keep them a sercret now.

I am a long rod man and if it were not for fishing with my 92 year old Nabors I would not pick up a casting rod except for fishing for cat fish I love my cat fish.

I am a wader but my 14ft Jon boat is a class ack and a wonderful fly fishing platform.

I am not much of a poster but I would like to see more fly-fishing check out this web sit https://www.catchmagazine.net/

Latest posts