Bass Tracker Model ID

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
I am interested in buying my first boat. I have found what I believe to be a fair deal. The guy is selling it as a 1988 Bass Tracker.

Can anybody else ID it any further to know which model? The ad says it's 154" long, which puts it at a little longer than 12'. It looks longer than that to me in the pictures, but I am not an expert. Any old Bass Tracker experts here? What is a fair price for the boat, trailer, and outboard + trolling motors as seen in the pictures? Thanks in advance!

7BM1fEP.jpg

S9BJJo5.jpg

kll54JM.jpg

07zttNh.jpg

To start with Tracker never made a 12 footer that would hold a 40hp Outboard. So there's either a typo or the guy needs to learn how to read a tape.

Looks like the Guide V16 model to me. I have an 84 V17 which is similar but the rear deck on mine is quite a bit longer.

If everything works, boat doesn't leak like a sieve, motor runs well, and the paperwork is in order for registration, I'd value it between $2500-3500.

possibly a v-tournament. maybe 16ft? those were well made, but wiring sucked! transom was apt to rot. agree with all mr giggles said also. tracker switched model nomenclature like dirty drawers back then.
location will really affect price. in the south, those bring around $1500 to $1800 in fair condiotion like that one. in north arkansas, they will bring over $2k. i woul suspect they would be really popular on the lakes up north.

if that yamaha is a vro motor, make darn sure you give it a good test drive, or make sure the vro has been removed correctly. thay was their achilles heal. louisiana game wardens ran those yamahas and they were bulletproof, once the vro was removed.

Latest posts