Battery and Minn KotaTrolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifesaball18

Reaction score
So a friend was willing to sell me a trolling motor and a battery for 80.00 but the battery sunk and so did the motor, when the boat went down both are dried out but, we touched it to the car battery and it worked but there was no charge in the Minn Kota battery. I have a 6/2amp ,12/42 charger. I dont know if this is sufficient to charge it. Can i run the battery by just hooking the red to red and black to black on the charger?

If the battery was submerged for an extended period of time, you might not have acid left in it. It might be all lake water. Take the battery in to an auto parts store or a Batteries Plus store and have them check the specific gravity of the acid and do a load test. Odds are that battery is garbage now. As far as a 6 amp charger goes, it will charge a battery. It will take longer than a 12 amp charger would, but it will still charge a battery (provided it is a good battery to begin with). Not sure what you mean by running the battery from the charger. If you mean how to connect it, yes, red to red, black to black. Do not try to run the trolling motor from the charger though. You'll probably burn up both the motor and the charger.

Latest posts