Bee's nest help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GTS225 said:
CRS; Your response is reasonable, but as I stated, and from my research, I know paper wasps die over winter, with the exception of the queen. I can't speak for hornets, although it seems reasonable that they too, die over winter. (I didn't research hornets, specifically.)
The problem with this situation is that this nest is built in the ceiling, inside his house. That means it's a heated zone, which might allow them to survive, just not be active. That's why we're advising an abundance of caution and leave this one up to the pros.

Roger

hornets WILL come out of that nest in winter, if it warms up. and they just get meaner if you spray them.

Here's some help to have you answer your own question:

How well do you think that your reasonable approach to a negotiated settlement would be to hundreds of poison=laden insects who are programmed to fight to the death to defend their hive home?

oh...and who don't speak your language?

just sayin'

Be safe.

Since you're leaving on a trip close off and seal the nest from the rest of the room. Smack it real hard with a broom stick breaking it up. If something comes out it will be trapped, and you can spray wasp / hornet killer into the sealed off area. When you leave you can set off several bug bombs.

Jim said:
The nest is in close proximity of the furnace, hence my hesitation to be a hero. LOL

How many stings would it take to kill a 250 pound human?

just one. if u go into shock, or if it hits you at the top of stairs, or follows you into the car and waits until you are up to speed. just one can knock you unconscious.

KMixson said:
Kismet, It is getting close to "Hold my beer" time.

yeah, we want video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with sound.

Yes, that would be good. We want to watch a human commit mass genocide on that hive. :twisted:

Roger

Latest posts