BigTerp's Tracker Sportsman 16' O/B Jet build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Fab and transformation. Very Tidy. Like the Stick steer and front compartment the most. Thanks for posting the build.

Got a little more work done that my boat needed. I reinforced my transom riser yesterday. Something that needed done since last summer, but I kept putting it off. The welds on the fore portion of my corner caps were starting to crack. We fixed the cracks last fall, but they are coming back. My transom flexes noticeably when underway. Nothing crazy by any means, but enough that you can see it. The developing cracks were an obvious sign that my transom/riser needed reinforced. I have a Johnson 50/35 which is right at the max motor size my Coast Guard plate says I can put on my boat. It has 45 hours or so on it, and as you can tell, I run by boat hard. I'm sure my homemade transom riser sort of "centers" the forces/stress my motor puts on my transom and probably even increases the forces/stress. We used 1x1 aluminum square tube. Raised the motor a bit with a floor jack to take the static stress off the transom and then welded the tube on. It REALLY stiffened up my transom. Thinking it might even give me a little better hole shot as well.

IMG_20150517_134000_zps1f58g16w.jpg

IMG_20150517_164638_zpsqichj342.jpg

IMG_20150517_164630_zpsjahquhe6.jpg

IMG_20150517_182558_zpsfkvbnvs5.jpg

Nice build man, very thorough and helpful to new guys (like me) who've never done a rebuild. One question I have is how big is your front deck after everything is said and done? And can you fish from it comfortably with the TM?

lgpjr49 said:
Nice build man, very thorough and helpful to new guys (like me) who've never done a rebuild. One question I have is how big is your front deck after everything is said and done? And can you fish from it comfortably with the TM?

Thanks!!

I'm taking my little brother fishing tomorrow evening. I'll try to remember to get measurements for you while it's uncovered.

Latest posts