Bluegill Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dampeoples

Reaction score
Working on a new pattern, and was wondering what your opinion on the stripe spacing was, I'm not done, but have an opportunity to try and fill in every other stripe now, and not have it look too awful, before I go further. I guess my question is - Do I need to fill in every other bar (and risk screwing it up?), or let this one ride, and do the next one with wider bars? I'm gonna try to do a male also. Thanks!

Big
Big 2

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Thanks, I can go forward with these, gonna put a few more colors on them :)

Not sure about selling, I've tossed that idea around a bunch, still don't know :)

I really, really hate the purple! I'm pretty happy with the rest of it, gonna try that other pattern tomorrow, if all goes well in dampeoples land :)

big

IMG_0553.JPG

I like the color scheme. I think they will look really good with the epoxy on them.

jimmyt said:
I like the purple! I think it looks good!

Agreed!

Around here, purple is a great color.

A buddy of mine makes rubber skirted bucktails for Muskie and that is one of the hottest skirt colors. Purple with a chartreuse blade. I even had him make me a bunch of Bass sized ones and they have done very well for me.

And I don't know if it needs to be toned down at all.

Thanks! Gonna paint a set a little differently here in a bit, couldn't wait to get home from work to get started, trying to relax a bit, I tend to get too happy, and rush through it, then it'll look awful :)

Thanks :) I think i'm gonna take parts of each, and make it into one, I like the darker yellow on the first. Getting ready to put the first set in clear now, that'll be the test. The spinnerbaits have way less purple and turquoise on them, so I already think they look better :)

Well, don't know that you'll see the plastic bodies over there, working on some wood baits now :)

Well, All I can say is you are one tallented dude!! Those are definitely the best looking cranks I have seen! I am curious how those spinner baits turned out though. Also, remember that color is almost everything. If we haven't seen the colors much, you know the fish haven't seen them so it might just be the "perfect" color to catch that monster!!! :D