Boarding Ladders (from water)?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you fall in the water, how do you deploy the ladder from outside the boat ??? Perhaps I am missing something here ??
I forgot to add that it can be positioned in an easily accessible position on the outside of the transom while using the boat. But even while stored in the inside, it’s still easy to grab from the water…
If you fall in the water, how do you deploy the ladder from outside the boat ??? Perhaps I am missing something here ??

Attachments

• F365EF53-834E-401D-900F-BAB5AEEE6FE8.jpeg
    F365EF53-834E-401D-900F-BAB5AEEE6FE8.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 0
  • C26BBCA4-6CE9-4578-BFC8-71EDFD50502D.jpeg
    C26BBCA4-6CE9-4578-BFC8-71EDFD50502D.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0
I've always ran a hydrofoil, which doubles as a pretty good step into the boat. I guess if I was really in bad shape and couldn't make the step up, I could stand on the motor and hit the trim button, which would dump me over the cowl and onto the back deck.
Have done this twice in emergency situations. Once was me after a friend crashed his boat during his initial sea trial at about 60 mph. I suffered a badly broken arm, but could have been dead, so I'm very thankful. Using the engine trim worked well to get me in the boat and to the hospital, since I couldn't climb well with the shattered arm.

In my jon boat, I have a telescopic 4-rung aluminum ladder that hooks over the gunnel or transom and has rubber-tipped standoffs. We use it regularly during the summer for swimming and tubing. Where it's stowed, you can reach over and grab it. It's very lightweight and works well. It is similar to this one, but I think mine looks a little sturdier:
https://www.amazon.com/Pactrade-Marine-Ladder-Aluminum-Polyethene/dp/B018HL9RZM

I've been meaning to ask.......does this make them "water boarding" ladders? 😁🙄

Roger

Latest posts