Bought a boat (I know Finaly)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Steering loose. Got it in the water. It is pretty fast and handles well.

The throttle controls are for a left side/left hand control. so the trim switch is on the outside of the throttle. It took me a while ti find what it was on the internet. My question is if I get a right hand throttle to put the trim switch under my thumb how do I mount it to the console? Do i try to find one that is a top mount throttle? Has any one here had this issue.

It is a remote control designed to be mounted on the port side and operated by the left hand. It is mounted on the Starboard side of the CC, in the same orientation as if it were on the Port Gunwale, so it is a left hand knob being used by the right hand. Also, I am sure I will get used to it and the only really weird thing is the trim button is in a weird spot.

I will/need to replace a lot of (things) from being left out in the sun and weather for a while, was thinking about just replacing the remote but would like to have a right hand control.

Jon

do you have a pic? sounds like it might be a right handed remote mounted on the left? might be able to just move it if that's the case and flip the cover. hard telling without seeing it. good to hear you're making progress and took it for a spin! it's addicting aint it when you make progress on a boat :)

You can flip the handle around but then it would stick out past the console and you will run into all the time (or snag it on your clothing). My boat is set up the same way and the trim button is on the outside which is awkward, but you'll get used to it over time. A top mount control works the best but they aren't cheap and you need to cut a decent opening in the top of the console to mount it.

JL8Jeff that is what I figured out. So as to the the throttle ill learn to use it the way it is for now. Has anyone bought a complete replacement console, a CC one. Or have a good set of plans for a plywood one? I think it needs a foot taller and a seat/storage in front of it. It need some height and a place to attache a screen for navigation and fish finding. And maybe some more storage?

Latest posts