Bracket for bow mount trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizz

Reaction score
Hello fellas. I need to mount a bow trolling motor to a Lowe 1448M boat but need a bracket to have the deck level with the lip of the boat.

There’s a bracket I found online but it’s $150 and I was wondering if anyone has any advise on other options?

Also would some well nuts be sufficient to get the bracket installed?

Thanks

On my F-9 build, I'm going to be scratch-making a bracket for the Edge-45 out of 1/8" angle and sheet aluminum. I just got the last main piece, still need some machine screws...but I'll post pics on my build-thread as I piece together the sucker.

Stay tuned.

This is just a mock-up using some scrap I had laying around...done so I can get measurements to cut the final pieces

20220504_143338-1.jpg
20220504_143348-1.jpg

1/8"x2" angle for the base - those will be through-bolted to the platform
1/8"x3/4" angle to support the 1/8"x6"x20" sheet that the TM mount bolts to
1/8" sheet cut to proper dimensions to connect the 2" and 3/4" angle

Looks a little 'front' heavy, but the actual front end of the TM mount rests on the bow-plate for support there. TM shaft will be 2" from the nose directly on the centerline.

Looks good!

I ended up purchasing a bracket, but now I am wondering what the best way to install it is? The boat has a rounded gunnel so not sure if I can rivet it? Should I just take a 2" bolt and drill it through the top and bottom of the rounded gunnel and then secure at the bottom with a nut?

And then use well nuts to secure the base of the bracket to the flat deck?

Latest posts