Building Electric boat G3 1652 hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FIsherhunter85

Reaction score
I bought a new G3 1652 hull and trailer (no motor). I bought the flooring kit and rear bilge hatch. I installed a min kota 80lb trolling motor on the back. I also bought a couple of the vmtanks 135 ah batteries and the min kota on board charger. I plan on adding a bow mount trolling motor later. I am looking for input on the model of trolling motor to buy, since adding the equipment above I cant figure out what would be the smartest way to go and still stay safely under the weight capacity of 1200 llbs. Currently I have a 12v agm that weighs 69llbs for the fish finder, nav and bilge. The two vmtank agms for my 80lb transom trolling motor weigh 80lbs each. My seats and pedestals will add 40lbs. Etc...

So with the equipment so far and me in the boat I am looking at 530 llbs. A passenger would add another 180 to 230 or so to the boat. That plus a cooler and small cooler livewell will be pushing 825. Given this what would you recommed for a bow motor?

Also for those who have the g3 jon rear hatch do you have any recommendations for securing that hatch. It didnt come with latches.

I run electric lakes only with a 2019 tracker grizzly 1648 MVX . Bow mount is a Bluetooth terrova with I-pilot 80 lb thrust and an 80 lb thrust on the transom . No speed demon but it will take me anywhere on the lake on a long day and still have enough to get back to the dock.

Latest posts