Camping

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Went camping in the sand dunes. Did some surf fishing. All we caught were some sculpins, which was a kind of an odd first. Back in the day we used to buy them for striper bait.

Our vicious and always alert watch dogs really like being by the campfire.

Sand dunes.jpg

Pups.png

Most people think fishing is a passive pastime and will never compare it to active recreation, jogging, or sports, affecting physical development.

BrookeOconnor said:
Most people think fishing is a passive pastime and will never compare it to active recreation, jogging, or sports, affecting physical development.
But I beg to differ because it's not that simple. It is much more complicated than just sitting down and fishing. In search of the perfect place to fish, you can overcome not small distances that a car or other means of transportation can not reach. And when it comes to food, everything is much better. The outdoors gives me a wild appetite. I usually make fish soup or fry fish in a pan I bought at https://www.amazon.com/pie-iron-for-campfire-cooking/dp/B088H42W2L. It's a great tool to take with you on your fishing trip.

I've never used on but those pie irons look pretty cool. They are pretty popular in the camping world.

I fish because I enjoy it. If I catch something it is an added bonus. I think it is true a day on the boat isn't providing a lot exercise. A day hiking through the sand dunes and along the beach for surf fishing is quite a bit more strenuous -- at least for me. Truth is neither is likely to provide the kind of cardio exercise I need. I use the treadmill or walk the neighborhood for that.

Latest posts