Catfish/bass bait.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No mention of limp lines? Definition Oklahoma style: Find a creek or river with branches overhanging the water and tie a line with a hook. Name and time must be attached. Works great in flood waters. Working on a 14 ft mod V 1984 Lonestar. Hoping to have it ready for next years season. Jug and Troutlines very popular here.

No mention of limp lines? Definition Oklahoma style: Find a creek or river with branches overhanging the water and tie a line with a hook. Name and time must be attached. Works great in flood waters. Working on a 14 ft mod V 1984 Lonestar. Hoping to have it ready for next years season. Jug and Troutlines very popular here.
Depends on where it is in Texas. I have 2 lakes nearby and one is rod and real only with very few cats in it. The other is Lake Fayette well known for its bass. It’s not very big and they allow jugs and rod and real. Problem is when I fished it I anchored in a good channel cat spot and those big bass boats didn’t appreciate me being at the end of the power plant jetty and rocked the heck out of my 16/52 every 5 minutes and they had plenty of lake to be farther away when going by me. I was told if I put jugs out I better keep an eye out because they’ll cut my lines. And always crowded with these guys. I went into the office after loading my boat to complain and was told they get complaints all the time but nothing gets done about it.
The Colorado river is just a few minutes away and it’s all allowed until you get pretty far up river in certain areas. Problem is I have never river fished and here close you need a jet drive. I’ve seen a lot of props and lower units get claimed. I found a place to launch about 30 minutes a away that looks a little more friendly and planning on getting a little scouting and fishing done there. Hopefully it’ll be good to set lines.
All our stuff has to have completed gear tags on it too.

If I happen to get some perch I’ll definitely have a couple in the water along with my shad for blues and channel.
It’s just easier to catch shad with my cast net.
I have never caught a decent flathead though. I might dump up across a small one now and then. I plan on changing that. I just rigged my boat for night fishing. I’ll catch me some perch during the day or day before. I’ll have to teach myself how to hunt for them. I’ve talked to people that catch them day or night. They’ve always skunked me. I’ll find me some shallow structure for night fishing for starters.
Not saying you can't catch catfish in shallow water, but I have found the bigger ones prefer deeper water. Think of them as vacuum cleaners that go to the lowest point to pick up the scraps that gravity pulls down to them.

Not saying you can't catch catfish in shallow water, but I have found the bigger ones prefer deeper water. Think of them as vacuum cleaners that go to the lowest point to pick up the scraps that gravity pulls down to them.
I don’t seem to have a problem catching blues of channel in deep and shallow but it’s the flatheads that I’ve haven’t had much luck with. I’ve always fished for them while catching other catfish. I’ve heard they’ll even bite fresh cut bait.

Latest posts