Conversion in question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelwork

Reaction score
I have a 1977 lowe line bass boat. We think it's called a utlity. It has two square pedistal so the seats spin 360. It takes me 10 minutes to load this boat for fishing. The batteries and charger are alepready mounted. Storage is the only thing I see a benefit for a conversion.

I pulled the old carpet and didn't replace till I had a chance to use the boat and see if I wanted to make any modifications. Obviously rod and reEl storage. We certainly don't want to step on expensive rods. The rear of the boat is the only dead space. Batteries, charger and dry box for life preservers, medical, etc...

I normally sit when I fish. I can see droping the foot controller below the deck would be a plus. New round pedistal and seats would be a plus..Covering the rear of the deck with a conversion adding tge seat up higher with covered storage of the batteries, gas tank and etc would be a plus...

So do you see this getting a complete conversion or a partial in the rear as I think? I'm spending 3 days at 5 hours each day in this boat..

Attachments

• 20201112_144025.thumb.jpg.8f09a14610a921a459434d306750cf63.jpg
    20201112_144025.thumb.jpg.8f09a14610a921a459434d306750cf63.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 210
I leave most all of my gear on the boat (18' walk-thru). The only exceptions I can think of are my fish finder and TM remote. My boat is always covered and is behind a locked side-yard gate. It isn't theft proof but I feel fairly good about it. Even so, all of my gear, except rods, fits easily in four cheapo backpacks ($3 or $4 each!) and one Plano tackle box. That includes stuff like sun screen, towels/rags, spare parts, etc. I could toss those in the boat pretty quickly and in fact that is what I used to do when I had a smaller more open boat. I liked that because I could toss the backpacks wherever I wanted to get them out of the way. I normally take four rods that are kept on the side rod racks -- two spinning set ups and two trolling rod set ups. My fishing these days is about 99.9% trolling for trout.

I like the openness of your boat, but I can see how you might want to have some storage to secure the gear -- at least rod holders to keep them off the floor. Like most things there is a definite trade-off. It really comes down to how you use the boat, your fishing style, and what you will enjoy most.

Latest posts