Cooks tackle system or Easyview

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone use or have experience with this system fro your boat? Im getting tired of fishing through boxes fro the stuff i use 90 percent of the time.

https://www.cookstacklesystems.com/

And I was also looking at this sytem.

https://www.easyviewtackle.com/

I have carpet underneath my deck lids, but scared to drill holes in my boat.

I had the easy view in my boat and I would have taken it out but it fell off and i didn't need to. :wink:
I found that the bags would just come loose when I would run in ruff water
I am also think about getting the cooks system I have heard a lot of good things about it..
If you fish on a lot of smooth water the easy view should be fine

Wayne

redbug said:
I had the easy view in my boat and I would have taken it out but it fell off and i didn't need to. :wink:
I found that the bags would just come loose when I would run in ruff water
I am also think about getting the cooks system I have heard a lot of good things about it..
If you fish on a lot of smooth water the easy view should be fine

Wayne

I like the way the easyview caters to plastics more than the cooks. But that is good to know. He even mentions on the website if they fall off what to do, so it must be a common thing.Redbug, I have a G3 with a 25hp 4-stroke. GPS 18 with the wind behind me and gas 1/2 tank. They would probably fall off on the way to the lake. Thats the roughest this boat gets lol!

My lids are carpeted underneath, You think it will be a problem to install either system.?

The easy view is held in place by double sided tape and has 2 holes for small screws. then you use a zip to hold the rack itself in place.
The racks are just spring clips that you would find in a hardware store holding items on the end cap you just pull them loose I even used a double Set to hold the baits but that didn't help.
the cooks seems to be a better set up using shower rod clips like you would use on a stringer to hold the bags that seems like a much better set up IMO...

I e-mailed Eazyview to ask a question and he called me back within a minute :shock: . That is excellent service. The only way to install his system is to cut the carpet. Either where every mounting tab goes, or he suggested a 1x4 strip and then mount the tabs to that. If Im going to cut the carpet, It needs to be professional looking (for when I go to sell the boat).

HAve you ever removed carpet? Is the adhesive fairly easy to remove cleanly?

I put the easy view system in my G3 165. I used a 1x4 and mounted it to the deck lid through the sides. I had to cut down the ends of the 1x4 to allow the lid to close. I then screwed the mounting tabs to the 1x4 and mounted the system. I was able to put about 36 bags of plastics and about 20-30 spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, and jig in the lid of the rod locker.

I've never had a problem with the system coming loose. I've had some of the bags tear, but they were older when I put them on.

I like being able to organize my plastics, especially in a smaller boat.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get a new camera (fell in the water, shooting my son's first fish.)

Latest posts