- Feb 25, 2011
- Reaction score
- Virginia, USA
About to start another boat restoration. I got this boat from a neighbor. He had two, and stripped this boat to put the best parts on his rig. So he took all the good parts - hatches, covers, seat bases, the galvanized trailer, etc. I got it cheap, so I'm not complaining.
Anyway, looking at the boat, I think I'll have to:
1. Gut anything screwed down out of the boat
2. Strip out the old carpet
3. Clean and vacuum everything out
4. Drain & clean the fuel tank, and replace all hoses
5. Fabricate or buy any missing parts and install before/after carpet
6. Wrap everything in new carpet
7. Install a 50-70 HP Johnson/Evinrude outboard, since controls are already there
8. Sand down flaking paint / corrosion spots and prime with aluminum primer
9. Either spot paint (if I can find factory paint) or fully paint the hull.
10. Make sure everything works - Gauges, horn, livewell and bilge pumps, etc - replace as needed
11. Add options, such as stereo, fishfinder, GPS, lighting, etc.
12. Fabricate a windshield?
Fee free to comment or make suggestions. I will try to take pictures this time!