Cruise N Carry Engines

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frogman Ladue

Reaction score
I'm looking at a number of low HP Cruise N Carry engines on Craigs List. Does anyone know if any parts or manuals are still available for these engines? I don't neccessarily drop the cash on something that's non-serviceable.

I have a Cruise N Carry 6600 that is still running good. I have not seen one on any of the local craigslist (in my area NW Florida) neither running nor for parts. If you are needing parts i think your best bet would be ebay. To answer the manual question, I dont have my manual but i have found pieces of it online. https://jvangurp.com/cruise_n_carry.html

hope this helps some

The only things i see against the Cruise N Carry is:
1- The are very very loud! - Like weed eater / lawnmower loud
2- Like you mentioned in your first post about the parts. I do not know how easily you will be able to find parts if you needed them.

Honestly i would go with the 6hp, the reason my cruise n carry gets any use is because my dad has had it since he bought it in the early 80s..

I had a Game fisher 3hp that was very similar.. Incredibly loud and slow. Trolling motor would have been a better idea.

Any 5hp two stroke should be easy enough to remove and most have built in tanks. I've got a 2stk OMC 6hp I take off the boat after each use. Helps to have a rolling stand though.

Latest posts