Deck choices

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Riddler

Reaction score
D67FED84-EE39-4D62-B457-A43A40B83D34.jpegHello all. Long time lurker. Finally bought two modified vees, Mirrocraft 14 and a 16. Just finishing up riveting the frame. I was planning on going 1/8" diamond plate aluminum and was absolutely sticker shocked. Two 4x8 1/8" polished aluminum from 600-900 dollars. I am looking for other options to keep the cost down. I bought the rivets to install deck but not sure if PVC can be used. I would be worried about cracking the deck from pounding along Cape Cod chasing Albacore. Wood is not an option because of termite problems in the neighborhood. Looking to stay light for fuel economy. Thanks in advance!

Paid $90 a panel, pre-inflation, for 0.085" or so 4x8 sheets of 5052 alloy, that most hulls are made from. Now I hear from the industry that tin prices are through the roof!

You don't need diamond plate 1/8" thick IMHO ...

In fact, I'd go as far to say that you don't need a tin floor either for that matter ... just get good 9/16" exterior plywood and coat/seal with Raka epoxy, www.raka.com, especially the edge grain, and cover it with Nautolex marine vinyl from Defender Mrine, CT.

It ... will ... out ... live ... YOU!