Devils Lake North Dakota

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HANGEYE

Reaction score
Looking at going towards the end of March. There will be 3 of us. Hoping for a fishing trip to remember (Perch and Walleye). Any body been there, or have any thoughts or recommendations? I checked out Woodland Resort and found mixed reviews. We would need a place to stay, fish cleaning facilities (if we catch anything) and food and DRINK. We have been saving for 2 years for this trip, so price isn't a big deal so long as we get a bang for our buck. We will be driving from Wisconsin in a 4 wheel drive truck. We have tire chains, shovels and winches. We also have our own shelters, augers and all necessary gear but would want a Guide Service. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

The Sleep Inn is a Devils Lake is an awesome place to stay. Nice fish cleaning house. Great breakfast.
Contact Zippy Dahl at "The Perch Patrol". He has a package deal with Sleep Inn (as well as Woodlands). I've stayed at Woodlands in the past. Not anymore. Far better value staying at the Sleep Inn.

https://www.perchpatrol.com/

Keystone, thanks for the info. I looked at the reviews for Woodlands and they don't sound good. I will look into Sleep Inn and then contact Zippy. We were kind of thinking about getting the Guide for one day and then wing it on our own. Don't know if this is a good idea or not. We have all the gear to go it alone, just need some info on a starting point (that is where the Guide comes in). Think this would be a good idea?

You can certainly do that HANGEYE . I don't. That system is huge and it can be bear at times to find your way around the ice due to the whiteout conditions. Zippy and Company stay on the fish all season long. Fish might be in spot X today, but not tomorrow. Went through that two years ago with them. The Perch Patrol has scouts out looking for the schools. They will move you as many times as need be.

Keystone, thanks for another heads-up. I will contact Zippy and go with him for our entire stay.

Thanks again for the info

Doug

Latest posts