Dog Attack

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you and your family the best while going through this hard time; it's too bad and I sincerely hope your daughter and wife can get over the shock of the situation. Sounds like you handled it the right way, no one can blame you since it was obvious the dogs were coming back for more.

Perhaps, when the time is right another puppy might help your daughter through this... God bless you and your family for having to indure such pain....

Glad to hear you got the issue taken care of. Some of y'all may remember a post of mine a few years back where my dad was near fatally wounded by a pit bull/cur. Unfortunately, being at work, no one around had arms with them, so he couldn't deal with the dog at that time. I don't remember if I had posted these details or not, but that wasn't that dog's first attack (first time was a younger child), and the dog wasn't put down. After waiting 14 days to make sure it wasn't rabid, it was up to the owner as to what to do with it. The 18 yr. old who had it was fine with getting rid of it, but his mother didn't want that, and she ended up keeping the dog.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6161&hilit=dog+cur

Years back, when I was a lot younger, and still living out in the country, we lost a German Shephard and a Beagle to a pack of vicious dogs (6) owned by a fella down the road. I'm fairly certain we weren't the only ones who had filed reports on these dogs many times before. When they showed back up, my mother and 2 yr. old sister happened to be outside, and they managed to make it inside, along with the lab and dachshund (both of which were mostly inside dogs, whereas the shepard and beagle predominately stayed outside). After that, the dogs and the owner disappeared. Apparently vicious dogs weren't the only illegal act by that owner.

I'm about as big of a dog person as anybody, and come from a family that has been dog people for years (currently have 4, have had as many as 6 at a time), so I can't really blame the dogs, as they are bred to just be stupid dogs that get tunnel vision and go into attack mode. However, how on earth can an owner justify breeding this, then attempting to keep it in a domestic society? And the laws are too freakin' lapse. 2 attacks by the above pit bull, in the big city of Atlanta, nonetheless, and it still gets to be set free.

I really feel for you here. A very miserable feeling. I'm just glad you managed to get those dogs before they got to someone else too.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad your family is safe. Glad you took care of the situation.

A few years back our rental neighbors next door had a pit mix. He came at me in the front yard one day and I tried to throw something at him and missed and he took off. I called the pound but they never did anything. Then he got in my back yard. Over my 6 foot wooden fence. He eventually got back over. I should have taken care of him then. I called the pound again and nothing. I told my girlfriend that they'll do something when it bites a kid but it'll be to late then. Sure enough it bite a kid a little while later. The people next door didn't care about crap.

Prayers sent for your family.

Wow what an awful story. Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad to hear you took care of the situation. I know you hate to have to do something like that, but it was the right thing to do. Around here I'd be in jail. Around here those dogs would be alive and the owner might have been fined $25.

Sorry for your loss Nev, and glad to hear your wife and daughter went unharmed.

Very sorry for your loss Nev. I'm a dog person through and through and I know the house will be empty without your buddy Papi.

Looks like the Govener of Texas (Rick Perry) would have your back...

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100427/ap_on_re_us/us_governor_shoots_coyote

AUSTIN, Texas – Pistol-packing Texas Gov. Rick Perry has a message for wily coyotes out there: Don't mess with my dog.
Perry told The Associated Press on Tuesday he needed just one shot from the laser-sighted pistol he sometimes carries while jogging to take down a coyote that menaced his puppy during a February run near Austin.
Perry said he will carry his .380 Ruger — loaded with hollow-point bullets — when jogging on trails because he is afraid of snakes. He'd also seen coyotes in the undeveloped area.
When one came out of the brush toward his daughter's Labrador retriever, Perry charged.
"Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote," he said Tuesday.
Perry, a Republican running for a third full term against Democrat Bill White, is living in a private house in a hilly area southwest of downtown Austin while the Governor's Mansion is being repaired after a 2008 fire. A concealed handgun permit holder, Perry carries the pistol in a belt.
"I knew there were a lot of predators out there. You'll hear a pack of coyotes. People are losing small cats and dogs all the time out there in that community," Perry said.
"They're very wily creatures."
On this particular morning, Perry said, he was jogging without his security detail shortly after sunrise.
"I'm enjoying the run when something catches my eye and it's this coyote. I know he knows I'm there. He never looks at me, he is laser-locked on that dog," Perry said.
"I holler and the coyote stopped. I holler again. By this time I had taken my weapon out and charged it. It is now staring dead at me. Either me or the dog are in imminent danger. I did the appropriate thing and sent it to where coyotes go," he said.
Perry said the laser-pointer helped make a quick, clean kill.
"It was not in a lot of pain," he said. "It pretty much went down at that particular juncture."
Texas state law allows people to shoot coyotes that are threatening livestock or domestic animals. The dog was unharmed, Perry said.
Perry's security detail was not required to file a report about the governor discharging a weapon, said Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Tela Mange.
"People shoot coyotes all the time, snakes all the time," Mange said. "We don't write reports."
The governor left the coyote where it fell.
"He became mulch," Perry said.

I guess the good lord gave the little guy his gusto for a reason, he is a hero for sure, my condolences man. I would have done the same thing too!

Some day your little girl will understand the danger she was in and see the true meaning of the courage he had to protect her and mom. Those are the ones we remember the most!

Sorry for your loss. You did the right thing. We had a vicious pitbull next door that used to charge our fence when the kids were out back. One day he jump the fence on the other side opposite my yard and attacked a kid. The dog is dead and the neighbors have been forced to put their house up for sale to pay the settlement that was awarded to the family of the child that was bit. I wanted to shoot that dog many times. Papi is a hero and so are you well done.

Latest posts