Easiest to crank boat winch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sonny.barile said:
I’m a guy with 2 bad shoulders…..that’s on my list now…..as of now a strategically placed roller helps bit as my issues progress (they do with age) I will be going this route………

I hear ya, dragged my feet for a while ....it may take a little longer to crank your boat up, but it takes almost no effort !!! The pressure of hard cranking is what caused most of my discomfort, the moving in a big circle doesnt seem to bother it much. After boating season is done, I will go in for surgery and hopefully be back in business by next april to begin a new season...

Just an update, did not need surgery on the shoukders, tears were less than expected. However, having babied the shoulders for so long, they vecame what is called "frozen". The covering around the muscles tightebs up from non use. So after 6 weeks of painfull forced stretching of the shoulder muscles, they have loosened up to give me much more range of motion. Still they get sore from over use but far better than before. Still glad I bought that two speed winch, so much easier to crank and even the higher gearing is not that much slower to crank it in !!
I am retired so if it takes me another minute or two, so what....easier on these 72 yr old shoulders and what else do I really have to be in a hurry about ?? Come on summer!

You can always go to the source of the issue. I had the same problem and went to see the doctors at this place. It worked for me to repair the tissue.

https://qckinetix.com/
Been two years since then and no trouble with it any more.

You can always go to the source of the issue. I had the same problem and went to see the doctors at this place. It worked for me to repair the tissue.

https://qckinetix.com/
Been two years since then and no trouble with it any more.
I hear ya, but at now 73 yrs old, way to many aches and pains to get them all fixed. Not sure how many boating days I have left in me, so not gonna waste any laying around waiting to heal. Discomfort now is very managable and xan do pretty much what I want within reason so why fix what ain't broke...yet...

I hear ya, but at now 73 yrs old, way to many aches and pains to get them all fixed. Not sure how many boating days I have left in me, so not gonna waste any laying around waiting to heal. Discomfort now is very managable and xan do pretty much what I want within reason so why fix what ain't broke...yet...
I am about a decade behind you. I too have multiple pain areas, but wanted to try this new method. Couldn't use my left arm much at all without stiffness and pain. All of that is gone now, in my shoulders anyway.

Latest posts