everything steelflex

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats not bad so i need aprox 2. Gallons. And what is it called again i would preffer like greenish color

Olive drab, I am pretty sure i had 2 gallons, I was thinking it was sold 49 per gallon, If it was 2 qts then i used a gallon, It was 110.00 shipped whatever it was.. :)

rusmir said:
So when i call what do i ask for and order .product name

STEELFLEX CLEAR,
NUETRAL, WHITE #9X Good over teak deck for recoating, leaks, improve bonding where teak is no longer desired. Good for pontoons, foam ice box, photo development sink, aluminum and fiberglass.Used since 1961 for airboat bottoms.

Also it has been determined that you can panit over the non teflon type, correct?

Troutman3000 said:
rusmir said:
Ok tx . Also another question can u paint over steelflex

I have seen that a few guys have had no problem painting over it.

Really??? Could you post the links?

I have not seen that. I have seen someone who tried, and it didn't stick.

Brine said:
Troutman3000 said:
rusmir said:
Ok tx . Also another question can u paint over steelflex

I have seen that a few guys have had no problem painting over it.

Really??? Could you post the links?

I have not seen that. I have seen someone who tried, and it didn't stick.

"Nussy" has said a couple of times that you can paint on it....I just took his word for it.

Does this help seal up those tiny leaks around rivets?

Do they make a flat non shinny type?

Damifinow Fish

try this .. thats how i will do it but with a high low pressure sprayer gun.. ill keep it posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg3_UvZeeOs

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=camo+painting+boat&search_type=&aq=f

The steelflex i will roll on but the paint i will spray. Give it a nice camo pattern of natural look

Troutman3000 said:
"Nussy" has said a couple of times that you can paint on it....I just took his word for it.

Well, I would like to see the results of someone who has.

All I've seen on here is either paint that won't stick or camo clad peeling off in sheets. I Can't verify that Steelflex was the reason for either, but seeing how I've used it myself, I would think that you won't get paint to stick to it (for any extended amount of time anyway) without sanding the surface, which (for me) defeats the reason of why I used it.

Brine said:
Troutman3000 said:

Well, I would like to see the results of someone who has.

All I've seen on here is either paint that won't stick or camo clad peeling off in sheets. I Can't verify that Steelflex was the reason for either, but seeing how I've used it myself, I would think that you won't get paint to stick to it (for any extended amount of time anyway) without sanding the surface, which (for me) defeats the reason of why I used it.

I intend to ask about this when I order mine this week. How long does it take to get it?

I am painting the steelflex that is on the sides of my boat. I just got through self etching the entire boat this weekend. I roughed up the sides with 150 sandpaper and self etched it again. I left the bottom of the boat alone. I plan to Camo it this upcoming weekend if my stencils come in. I guess just check my post out in the next few weeks to see if it bonded correctly.

Fasco told me you can only paint the standard Steelflex. The 2000 version has teflon and paint won't stick to it. You also can't apply the 2000 in multiple coats. I recommend the regular stuff.

P.S. I believe Dearl painted over Steelflex in his build. I chose to just use colored Steelflex instead.

Latest posts