Favorite Tool?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
This topic is a little different than "Most Used Tool"
Maybe your most used tool is your favorite tool but not for me.
I have an Evolution Rage 3 metal cutting 10" single bevel miter saw. I bought it almost 4 years ago I needed to cut a lot of small pieces of steel to modify a 4x8 utility trailer and too cut steel for future project trailer I want build. I don't use it often, but I love making accurate miter cuts in steel tube, pipe, angle and bar stock.
I'm getting a Diablo blade for it.

This is a tough one. I mentioned this in the other thread. If talking about favorite for just simple enjoyment I would say my Work Sharp tool sharpener. I can spend a morning relaxing while I put a sharp edge on some of my favorite hand tools.

Of course, there is always that gizmo that holds the spool of mono when I put new line on my reel! :LOL2:

gogittum said:
I'll hafta say my bench belt sander. I use the thing constantly. Never expected that.

I have one I bought years ago at a traveling tool sale at the local fairground. I can't remember the name. Even though I would categorize it as Harbor Freight quality, I'm glad I've had it when I need it.

This one is easy!

It is my mr. 7 hands tool! This tool is a life saver!

8 SCREWDRIVER TIPS IN ONE HANDY TOOL: Mr. 7-hands comes with eight most needed screwdriver tips. Never misplace screwdriver bits again with this unique patented folding arm design. The tool has a worklight for working in dark spaces.
Includes: Slotted 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”, mini slotted, Phillips #2, #1, #0, mini Phillips and work light
COMPACT SIZE: Small and compact the tool is easy to store. Keep one in your kitchen drawer, tool box, car, RV and any places where a screwdriver could be handy.

https://amzn.to/3ArX6ej

223faf73a3d784651b4b8262d7c970b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAW HORSES - can not have enough ..... another "implement" that is a staple in my shop; CASTERS, I got them on various tables, at various heights and widths. Got them on my tool carts, floor fans, chop saw and table saw, wood cart ..... and my favorite; swivel chair.
If Your on concrete, it is a must, and time saver.

LDUBS said:
gogittum said:
I'll hafta say my bench belt sander. I use the thing constantly. Never expected that.

I have one I bought years ago at a traveling tool sale at the local fairground. I can't remember the name. Even though I would categorize it as Harbor Freight quality, I'm glad I've had it when I need it.

My 1st one was like yours....Grizzly ??....I think ?? Can't remember - it's been 25 years ago. After it was stolen, I listened to the lessons of the previous one and bought a Ryobi. Night and day, esp. belt tracking and adjustment. Love the thing.

Battery Powered Drill. I'm Retired from the Trades, but still use it frequently. Current one is a Milwaukee, Favorite has to be a Makita, I wore out more than one of those.

LOWES is my primary "go to" in regards to hardware and tools. I have one 20 miles east of me and 20 miles west of me.
In regards to my battery drills, and saw zaw - it's RIGID .... So HOME DEPOT is my vendor for that item.
On my boat build, and the lack of supplies - I'll shop between AMAZON, LOWES, HOME DEPOT, HARBOUR FREIGHT .....
A tool I only will need for a specific project, and probably never use again (mouse sander, rivet impact, etc) - I'll seek out HARBOUR FREIGHT.

I have a few favorites. I have an over head crane in my shop that pivots 360* that I use quite a bit. Comes in handy for removing boat motors, pulling/installing engines, etc.. I also splurged and got a used pnuematic bumper jack. I'd love to have a four post automotive hoist but that's still on my wish list.

eeshaw said:
I have a few favorites. I have an over head crane in my shop that pivots 360* that I use quite a bit. Comes in handy for removing boat motors, pulling/installing engines, etc.. I also splurged and got a used pnuematic bumper jack. I'd love to have a four post automotive hoist but that's still on my wish list.

"pnuematic bumper jack".

When you need it you need it. I could never justify one but wish I had one tucked in the corner.

Every guy should have one: a fencing pliers, with heavy hammer head and single stout claw for pulling staples, lower wire cutter on inside of handles. Don't use it much, but it's the type of tool that would have Tim Taylor of Tool Time, grunting.

You just WANT to use it.

:D

Attachments

• fencing pliers.jpg
    fencing pliers.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 394
Not practical for a lot of people, but I don’t know how I’d make it without my 14” South Bend.

Latest posts