First build - 16ft Duck Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I really like the asper grit as well. FWIW I used about half of the quart that I bought to cover my entire floor and bow deck. I have plenty left over for when/if I do a rear deck.

Yes, we get decent winters. Last winter was probably the coldest that I can remember. We hunted on days that was 4 degrees when we launched the boat. The asper grit does ice up. I only remember one time that I really noticed the floor of the boat being icy though. That was when it was in the single digits and we were in and out of the boat alot that morning.

So Here is an update. I am almost done with this build and so proud I have kept this thing on a tight (Less than $500) budget. So far, I am in love with this Deck Restore stuff. got it in River Rock color. The switch panel board is used from an old piece of inflatable flooring. So perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_3240.JPG
    IMG_3240.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_3233.JPG
    IMG_3233.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_3244.JPG
    IMG_3244.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_3239.JPG
    IMG_3239.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_3237.JPG
    IMG_3237.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_3232.JPG
    IMG_3232.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_3230.JPG
    IMG_3230.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 851
Still need to paint the inside of the boat to match the outside, install the anchor light and install the cig lighter. The captains seat is the only thing I am debating whether to fork out the cash for a brand new pedestal seat or just build a small open box. Minimal stuff from here on out. Sept 1st early season is close and I am confident I will be out hunting in this thing for the first 2 weeks of september. Hopefully this time will allow me to work any kinks out of the design and get her back on the trailer to make some adjustments before the big season comes in October. Thanks for keeping along with the build. First time doing this, so I know it's not perfect, but hey, just a hunting boat!! Can't wait to restore another!

One Last Cast said:
Still need to paint the inside of the boat to match the outside, install the anchor light and install the cig lighter. The captains seat is the only thing I am debating whether to fork out the cash for a brand new pedestal seat or just build a small open box. Minimal stuff from here on out. Sept 1st early season is close and I am confident I will be out hunting in this thing for the first 2 weeks of september. Hopefully this time will allow me to work any kinks out of the design and get her back on the trailer to make some adjustments before the big season comes in October. Thanks for keeping along with the build. First time doing this, so I know it's not perfect, but hey, just a hunting boat!! Can't wait to restore another!

I built a box for my seat. Nice to have "under butt" storage space in a duckboat. Good for decoy gloves, spare parts, etc.

Looks good.

Can you post any pictures/descriptions of how you ran the electrical, what battery you went with and it's setup? Great job so far. Looks very clean.

Is it necessary to wire wheel the entire boat? I currently am working on a 12ft Jon Boat and getting ready to paint. The outside is in great shape give or take a couple of Love dents. Can I just wash with Vinegar and get after it?